U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2016, 10:45 AM

18,807 posts, read 6,138,018 times

Advertisements

I've never had kidney stones, isn't there a way to eliminate the problem. The cause etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2016, 11:07 AM

2,984 posts, read 1,709,587 times
CapnTrips, Sorry to go a bit off topic, and I'll rightfully admit my ignorance here, but I thought kidney stones can be rid of with laser-type surgery?

Old 05-17-2016, 01:07 PM

2,581 posts, read 1,382,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TerraDown View Post
CapnTrips, Sorry to go a bit off topic, and I'll rightfully admit my ignorance here, but I thought kidney stones can be rid of with laser-type surgery?

Endoscopic laser surgery is performed when the stone is too large to pass out of the kidney by itself, or with the help of intravenous fluids and morphine. When a stone is small enough to eventually pass, its usually allowed to take its course (never had a Dr. suggest otherwise). Even then, it can still take anywhere from several hours to several days for the stone to go through the entrance of the ureter, and there is some amount of pain for as long as the stone is blocking the kidney from draining.

Old 05-17-2016, 01:10 PM

2,581 posts, read 1,382,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
I've never had kidney stones, isn't there a way to eliminate the problem. The cause etc.

I've seen several doctors about it, had tests, etc. Seems to be hereditary, and all they could advise for sure was to drink more water.

Old 05-17-2016, 05:43 PM

421 posts, read 885,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
I live in bodywide chronic pain from advancing arthritis. I will not take some of the OA drugs that MD's prescribe, so I manage well enough with what I do. I also take some supps that are pain type, so I search out alternatives for pain. I have a loved one who ended up so addicted to pain meds and she spent a lot of months in rehab. She's doing good now, all those drugs out of her body and managing her life with other protocols. From the pain meds she was taking, she lost her hearing. So she is paying dearly from the pain meds that she was addicted to.

I know that more pain meds can create more pain as they upregulate pain receptors causing more pain.

I just heard that prescription pain meds addiction are epidemic here in Orange County in So. Calif.

I can't imagine other's pain and worked hard to manage mine. I take a supplement for stomach protection as I ended up with an ulcer from a drug years ago for OA issues.

So many are in pain, but for me I've learned to accept as best I can. I also ended up with a mess from hip replacement, so I've had a major set back from that surgery..

All drugs come with side effects and I've learned to find other ways to manage my pain issues. I don't want side effects.

I've been taking pain meds for 13 years and they do not cause pain. People can make up such misinformation in their minds without any experience, and I say that because you couldn't possibly make such a statement without facts.

If you want to live your live in pain, whatever. I don't, thus I take pain meds for my unimaginable number of surgeries. After each surgery I feel better take pain meds and have no issues.

Old 05-17-2016, 05:48 PM

27,492 posts, read 17,629,902 times
I have moderate / severe RA and the pain from that is NOTHING compared to the other stuff I listed. There is discomfort/pain and mind numbing all consuming pain that doesn't even let you think.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs

Old 05-17-2016, 09:55 PM

18,807 posts, read 6,138,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seethelight View Post
I've been taking pain meds for 13 years and they do not cause pain. People can make up such misinformation in their minds without any experience, and I say that because you couldn't possibly make such a statement without facts.

If you want to live your live in pain, whatever. I don't, thus I take pain meds for my unimaginable number of surgeries. After each surgery I feel better take pain meds and have no issues.
I took plenty of hard core pain meds after hip replacement surgery, which left me with more of a mess, I hope I never see another surgery the rest of my life, and I work toward that end.

I don't make up statements, other people also talk about the upregulating of pain receptors. You can look that up if you wish. I know I don't want to take more pain meds than I have to, and I do other protocols that help "calm" pain too. I don't totally rely on the pharma pain meds. MSM helps to calm pain, and an herbal I take Pain RX also "calms" pain.

As I said early on, I've seen so much damage from overloading on pain meds.

http://www.spine-health.com/blog/how...e-chronic-pain

Last edited by jaminhealth; 05-17-2016 at 10:08 PM..

Old 05-18-2016, 05:26 AM

2,984 posts, read 1,709,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnTrips View Post
I've seen several doctors about it, had tests, etc. Seems to be hereditary, and all they could advise for sure was to drink more water.

Back in the late '90's, I had a friend with kidney issues. A standard Dr. prescribed him to drink concentrated cranberry...it worked. Thank you for your reply.

Old 05-18-2016, 01:46 PM

33,139 posts, read 39,078,504 times
I dont see the problem with using heroin for pain management when morphine is prescribed regularly. Both Heroin and morphine are closely related and come from the same plant with just a minor difference in processing.
https://www.reddit.com/r/askscience/...ne_and_heroin/

Old 05-19-2016, 09:11 AM

730 posts, read 503,309 times
Legalize pot. I have fibromyalgia and CBD helps with the pain and tight muscles a great deal, and I can sleep easier.

The idea of taking morphine for chronic pain just gives me the creeps.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness