U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2016, 12:58 PM

18,883 posts, read 6,176,358 times

Advertisements

I could not bring myself to the morphine either, I never looked at side effects but I'm sure there are many. I was told I have the Fibro issue but I manage it with supps and MSM three times per day helps reduce pain. I'm open to legalization but with all this legal stuff, concern about children...thank goodness my grandkids haven't touched it but they are around it all over the schools. Their dad used and uncles do, so they know it big time in their lives.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2016, 01:01 PM

2,994 posts, read 1,715,319 times
Isn't the medical pot a different strain that does not get you high?

I'm all for that, voted for it down here in 2014, it lost by only 3 points. Back on the ballot in Nov., I'm voting
for it again.

Old 05-19-2016, 02:30 PM

730 posts, read 503,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TerraDown View Post
Isn't the medical pot a different strain that does not get you high?

There are different strains of cannabis. Some don't have any THC.

THC itself can be useful for pain, but CBD is far more useful for anxiety and pain management and it doesn't cause the paranoia and anxiety that THC can. It also doesn't cause constipation like the opiates do, and the addiction potential is low.

Old 05-19-2016, 03:05 PM

27,559 posts, read 17,669,809 times
Morphine would never be prescribed for fibro.

I have a bunch of "souvenirs" I brought back from WA state. For me it didn't help the fibro.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs

Old 05-19-2016, 09:24 PM

4,749 posts, read 6,154,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DT113876 View Post
There are different strains of cannabis. Some don't have any THC.

THC itself can be useful for pain, but CBD is far more useful for anxiety and pain management and it doesn't cause the paranoia and anxiety that THC can. It also doesn't cause constipation like the opiates do, and the addiction potential is low.
I would try this for my fibro if it were legal in my state. I feel like it will soon be legal in all states, though, it just makes sense.

Right now I take Lyrica and it keeps the pain to a dull roar if I don't do much. If I want to clean house or work in the yard or cook a big meal, though, my back and ribs will complain with pain that feels like I have a sword run through my body. So I finally asked my doc for some Tramadol to take when the pain is really bad or if I want to work really hard. It helps a lot, and I only have to take a half of one, and I only take it as needed, which, because it is spring and I am working in the yard a lot, is about once a week right now. Later I doubt I will need it even that often. But So far I don't have any problems with constipation, nor have I noticed a tolerance building yet (I've had the prescription for about 2 months). I'm hoping I never do, because it really, really helps when I need it.

Old 05-26-2016, 02:30 PM

730 posts, read 503,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvvarkansas View Post
I would try this for my fibro if it were legal in my state. I feel like it will soon be legal in all states, though, it just makes sense.

To my knowledge, hemp oil is not illegal in any state. It's just illegal to grow hemp in the US. I use hemp in cooking all the time, I buy it at the local health food store. CBD is also a legal substance and is not considered a drug.

But, even though it's legal you still might get in trouble with law enforcement potentially. The CBD extract smells like marijuana.

Old 05-26-2016, 03:14 PM

983 posts, read 697,636 times
Aren't there often alternative ways of managing pain? I have Psoriatic Arthritis (similar to RA) and sometimes take Prednisone as I wait for a disease modifying drug (DMARD) to work. I have been told that after I find an effective dmard, my pain levels will be greatly reduced...and until then, the Prednisone is effective.

Old 05-29-2016, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DT113876 View Post
To my knowledge, hemp oil is not illegal in any state. It's just illegal to grow hemp in the US. I use hemp in cooking all the time, I buy it at the local health food store. CBD is also a legal substance and is not considered a drug.

But, even though it's legal you still might get in trouble with law enforcement potentially. The CBD extract smells like marijuana.
I bought some hemp oil and took it a while, but the smell and taste just turned me off. I couldn't stand it, so I threw that expensive oil away. *argh!*

I'll have to look up CBD....I'm not even sure what it is.

Old 05-29-2016, 03:35 PM

From what I read, CBD is illegal. Maybe I misunderstood?...

Old 06-04-2016, 07:11 AM

10,404 posts, read 7,492,263 times
Heroin and morphine are basically the same thing with one little extra synthetic step added to morphine.

Know thyself, nothing to excess.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness