U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-14-2011, 09:10 PM

324 posts, read 421,728 times

Advertisements

I'm extremely excited for summer. Mostly because I can read, stress-free, without worrying about homework and school. There is so many things I want to learn about.

Mytholology: Greek Gods, Goddesses and representations and such
Religion: Judaism, Muslim and Buddhism
Art: Famous Artists and paintings
Civil Rights Leaders: Leaders all across the world who fought for human rights
Music: This is pretty easy, I just need a vinyl record player
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2011, 09:15 PM

324 posts, read 421,728 times
I need to start reading already. I just looked over what I wrote and there is a ridiculous amount of spelling errors. I am an idiot.

Old 03-15-2011, 06:37 AM

13,258 posts, read 34,662,112 times
There are lots of "theories" about human memory. One of them is about repitition and 28 days. If you force yourself to do something every day for 28 days, it will become a habit and you won't have to force yourself to do it anymore. I'm not so sure that's true; I was forced to make my bed and straighten my room every day when I lived home with my parents, from the time I was first old enough to start til I moved out at 18. I don't make the bed now. On the other hand, I don't move much when I sleep so the bed isn't untidy in the first place.

Another one is that you can hold 10 new pieces of data at once. If you put in 11, the first piece drops off. So if you're trying to memorize dates...

You can memorize up to 10 at a time, maximium. If you try to memorize 11, the first thing you tried to stuff in your brain will pop out and you won't remember it.

I can't remember more than 5 things at a time, so I don't know if the maximum is true since I've never been able to reach it

Old 03-15-2011, 07:45 AM

19,641 posts, read 53,545,549 times
It's 7, more or less. Some people can't do 7, some can do a bit more.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness