U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 03-05-2012, 05:09 AM

3,461 posts, read 2,963,246 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angorlee View Post
I heard different ideas on the benefits of a shot of vinegar a day. One con said it ages the liver. One pro said that it thins the blood, which is good. What is your opinion?
I do believe there are health benefits to vinegar and it's acid. But why drink a shot a day? I don't understand people's thinking sometimes. Why not just incorporate vinegar (salad dressings, for example) as a regular part of your diet?
Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2012, 08:52 AM

1,134 posts, read 700,844 times
Does balsamic vinegar work?

Old 03-05-2012, 09:07 PM

10,363 posts, read 17,075,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MOKAN View Post
I do believe there are health benefits to vinegar and it's acid. But why drink a shot a day? I don't understand people's thinking sometimes. Why not just incorporate vinegar (salad dressings, for example) as a regular part of your diet?
I agree. I have vinegar every day as part of my salad dressing. I tried drinking some in water before, and not only does it taste like crap it made me feel sick. But I love it on salads.

Old 03-05-2012, 09:29 PM

293 posts, read 551,480 times
Quote:
Apple cider vinegar is good for you and has many health benefits. It's best to get the kind with the mother in it.
I agree with Sweet tea. I have this daily.

Old 03-05-2012, 09:44 PM

249 posts, read 384,513 times
You can incorporate raw apple cider vinegar into your diet easily. But it's fine to make a drink of water, 1 Tablespoon ACV and a bit of honey. It contains potassium, pectin, magnesium, bioflavinoids, ash, malic acid, acetic acid which all help your body. It can keep your skin clearer, breaks down fats, help keep glucose in check. There is a ton of information out there. And apple cider vinegar in water is actually an alternative remedy for heartburn. People who claim to not like the taste of vinegar usually eat tons of ketchup/catsup.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness