U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-03-2012, 03:12 PM

36,434 posts, read 41,620,437 times

Advertisements

I thought it was the law that no animals are to be in stores that sell or prepare food. I love dogs as much as the next person but you know some fool is gonna think it's absolutely necessary their dog (not a service dog) goes everywhere with them. the fact that kids are dirtier than dogs is not the point.

Old 08-03-2012, 11:34 PM

38,681 posts, read 45,045,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no kudzu View Post
I thought it was the law that no animals are to be in stores that sell or prepare food. I love dogs as much as the next person but you know some fool is gonna think it's absolutely necessary their dog (not a service dog) goes everywhere with them. the fact that kids are dirtier than dogs is not the point.
^^^ Yes. It is general knowledge across the country that non-service dogs are not allowed in grocery stores or restaurants. The primary reason and common sense is why they have health codes. Bugs, ticks, diseases can be transmitted in these stores. How would you like to see a dog pooping/peeing in the aisle.
What would you do if a dog decided to jump into the packaged meat display and start chewing on various meat packages or leap into the vegetable sections and seat some food. What about you not watching and behind you a dog is licking some food content. What if someone tripped over the dog leash. What if a kid scared a dog and the dog bit the kid. Can you see all the ramifications and why dogs or any animal should not be allowed in thes establishments.
Service dogs are identified with a service collar or blanket and are trained for aiding people and behaving themselves in the store.

Old 08-04-2012, 12:54 AM

12,480 posts, read 14,367,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitram View Post
^^^ Yes. It is general knowledge across the country that non-service dogs are not allowed in grocery stores or restaurants. The primary reason and common sense is why they have health codes. Bugs, ticks, diseases can be transmitted in these stores. How would you like to see a dog pooping/peeing in the aisle.
What would you do if a dog decided to jump into the packaged meat display and start chewing on various meat packages or leap into the vegetable sections and seat some food. What about you not watching and behind you a dog is licking some food content. What if someone tripped over the dog leash. What if a kid scared a dog and the dog bit the kid. Can you see all the ramifications and why dogs or any animal should not be allowed in thes establishments.
Service dogs are identified with a service collar or blanket and are trained for aiding people and behaving themselves in the store.

ahhhhh, if only that were true of children

Old 08-04-2012, 07:50 AM

6,368 posts, read 13,349,013 times
The saddest part of this whole thread is that some people seem to value dogs more than children.

It's a screwed up world.

Old 08-04-2012, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gimme3steps View Post
The saddest part of this whole thread is that some people seem to value dogs more than children.

It's a screwed up world.

on the contrary.......all living creatures-great and small- are valuable.

Old 08-28-2012, 07:24 PM

3,057 posts, read 4,351,979 times
Just came from the Raley's in Oroville CA. An couple in their early 60s hoisted their fat, old standard Chihuahua (must have weighed 30 lbs) into the food storage area of a shopping cart and were pushing it around the story. At first I ignored it, but the more I thought about it the more disgusted I got. I know that the world isn't sanitary, but whats the point of supply disinfecting wipes to wipe down the handles of the carts (this store does) and then let some strange women place her old dog's rear end in a cart where your food goes? Dog feces transmits disease - I don't want its arse in a cart that I may use unknowingly after those people. Told a senior clerk I about it and pointed them out. He hemmed and hawed a bit and I said "Just to let you know" and went on about my shopping.

I don't understand clueless people like that. The only pets allowed in a retail establishment or a restaurant are service dogs. Period. Dogs are not people. They aren't welcome everywhere. A supermarket isn't a Petco store. I grew up in the 60s and 70s and you never saw that kind of thing in a supermarket (I worked in one as a teenager). I think the only time it did happen the manager asked the person to take it outside. Now I see people pushing the limits all the time and imposing their dogs on others everywhere. Think more and more Americans are using them for child substitutes and getting a little addled in the head in the process.

There, I've vented.

Old 08-28-2012, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeauCharles View Post
Just came from the Raley's in Oroville CA. An couple in their early 60s hoisted their fat, old standard Chihuahua (must have weighed 30 lbs) into the food storage area of a shopping cart and were pushing it around the story. At first I ignored it, but the more I thought about it the more disgusted I got. I know that the world isn't sanitary, but whats the point of supply disinfecting wipes to wipe down the handles of the carts (this store does) and then let some strange women place her old dog's rear end in a cart where your food goes? Dog feces transmits disease - I don't want its arse in a cart that I may use unknowingly after those people. Told a senior clerk I about it and pointed them out. He hemmed and hawed a bit and I said "Just to let you know" and went on about my shopping.

I don't understand clueless people like that. The only pets allowed in a retail establishment or a restaurant are service dogs. Period. Dogs are not people. They aren't welcome everywhere. A supermarket isn't a Petco store. I grew up in the 60s and 70s and you never saw that kind of thing in a supermarket (I worked in one as a teenager). I think the only time it did happen the manager asked the person to take it outside. Now I see people pushing the limits all the time and imposing their dogs on others everywhere. Think more and more Americans are using them for child substitutes and getting a little addled in the head in the process.

There, I've vented.

ever given any thought to the nasty,disgusting poop and pee filled diapers that sit in the carts? Not to mention all the snot I see dripping from kid's noses and the coughing--kids always coughing!!
Food for thought

Old 08-28-2012, 09:43 PM

2,540 posts, read 3,058,301 times
Here in Toronto, that is totally ILLEGAL, and Police will lay a charge under the Public Health Act.

The minimum fine is 200 dollars. No live animals in any store that sells food. Period.

Jim B

Toronto.

Old 08-28-2012, 09:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadian citizen View Post
Here in Toronto, that is totally ILLEGAL, and Police will lay a charge under the Public Health Act.

The minimum fine is 200 dollars. No live animals in any store that sells food. Period.

Jim B

Toronto.

that's too bad. And makes me sad

Old 08-28-2012, 10:23 PM

14,315 posts, read 12,569,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by canadian citizen View Post

Jim B

Toronto.
Does that include service/seeing eye dogs?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.