U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-30-2012, 03:47 PM

29,580 posts, read 31,900,225 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PippySkiddles View Post
I've had dogs for 20+ years and never gotten ringworm.
Then you are lucky aren't you? I had it once as a kid, we had dogs and cats so I don't know where it came from.

Old 08-30-2012, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
Versus bring your kid to work day, then they could have gotten lice.

Just sayin.
We all got that too. Doesn't change the fact that I don't want either. Or fleas. I'm just saying we shouldn't have to be exposed to everything becasue a few people are petcentric and can't be bothered caring how others might be affected by it. Animals are not universally loved by all and don't need to be everywhere. That's ok.

For the record I have cats, but I don't take them with me when I go out.

Old 08-30-2012, 04:19 PM

12,480 posts, read 14,364,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
We all got that too. Doesn't change the fact that I don't want either. Or fleas. I'm just saying we shouldn't have to be exposed to everything becasue a few people are petcentric and can't be bothered caring how others might be affected by it. Animals are not universally loved by all and don't need to be everywhere. That's ok.

For the record I have cats, but I don't take them with me when I go out.

my dogs don't have fleas because I'm a responsible pet parent.
I don't like being exposed to all the germs children have just because people think their kids are adorable and loved by all and won't pay for a sitter to watch them; so they run around the stores and scream and throw tantrums. My dogs have never thrown a tantrum or barked in a store.

Old 08-30-2012, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PippySkiddles View Post
my dogs don't have fleas because I'm a responsible pet parent.
I don't like being exposed to all the germs children have just because people think their kids are adorable and loved by all and won't pay for a sitter to watch them; so they run around the stores and scream and throw tantrums. My dogs have never thrown a tantrum or barked in a store.
You said it, not everyone is a responsible parent and I'd rather not be exposed to irresponsible dogs owners or kid owners. I'll just repeat my first post...we can't lock kids up in cages or crates or leave them home alone when we go out. Socieity frowns up that. We can leave dogs home alone though.

Old 08-31-2012, 06:53 AM

6,368 posts, read 13,346,010 times
I repeat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gimme3steps View Post
The saddest part of this whole thread is that some people seem to value dogs more than children.

It's a screwed up world.

Old 08-31-2012, 07:02 AM

1,004 posts, read 1,938,611 times
Personally I find it unsanitary, just like having dogs in or near restaurants.

I love dogs too but I'm a little "funny" when it comes to my food. Both my dogs are forbidden in the kitchen or any place there is food.

Old 09-01-2012, 06:26 AM

3,252 posts, read 6,059,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
You said it, not everyone is a responsible parent and I'd rather not be exposed to irresponsible dogs owners or kid owners. I'll just repeat my first post...we can't lock kids up in cages or crates or leave them home alone when we go out. Socieity frowns up that. We can leave dogs home alone though.
That is correct.... you can't "lock kids up in cages or crates or leave them home alone when we go out."
Hire a babysitter.... you made it, you pay for it.

Old 09-02-2012, 01:52 AM

16,487 posts, read 20,332,656 times
It used to be the only dogs you would ever see in stores were seeing eye dogs. Now I see dogs and other animals in stores more and more. I am an animal lover, but a grocery store is no place for people to bring their dogs or any pets for that matter. I have twice seen someone with a snake and another time a cat, plus many dogs.

Old 09-02-2012, 09:09 AM

19,631 posts, read 53,481,140 times
Folks, remember the topic is dogs in stores, not comparisons between dogs and kids. This thread has just about run its course so stay on topic, please.

Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.

Old 09-04-2012, 02:18 AM

8,738 posts, read 9,579,404 times
the grocery store is not your private home, it's as simple as that.... you don't get to decide to bring pets into the store and expose other people that don't want them there to it, just because YOU think they should be there. The obvious exception would be service dogs because naturally those folks are limited in mobility without them.... I don't know where some of these other, non disabled people get off though. I got a dog that I adore and been a dog owner all my life, but I wouldn't assume everyone else should put up with him in or around their food products. Very unsanitary IMO.

I was at the deli a few weeks ago and some stupid woman had a dog over there by me while I was getting my meats/cheeses, I moved away and gave her a look from hell for it too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.