U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2011, 03:38 PM

1,224 posts, read 3,377,999 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
I agree. Toddlers and other small children are much more likely to pass disease on than a dog. Kids are veritable germ factories.
Frankly- I don't want either of them in there.

Old 03-18-2011, 03:42 PM

42,203 posts, read 49,753,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by h886 View Post

The problem with the example you posted is the factor of choice. I choose to get in my car in the mornings. I accept that risk. The pet owner is making the choice that others HAVE to interact with their pet and its germs. I say this as an animal lover with a pet in my lap as we speak. Like Milleka said, it's my choice to do what I wish in my own house, but I don't force that choice upon others when I go out in public.
Did you force your children on others by taking them out in public?

My dog is much better behaved than any 2-4 year-old child I've ever met.

Old 03-18-2011, 03:42 PM

7,288 posts, read 10,366,635 times
Is this really a big issue? I didn't realize an occasional dog in a grocery store was such a HUGE issue. I wish my life were problem free enough to focus on tiny, insignificant irritants . . .

On that note, do you get angry when bugs land on your windshield: Who do you complain to? God?

Old 03-18-2011, 03:44 PM

1,224 posts, read 3,377,999 times
Quote:

But a GROCERY store is for humans. No matter how demonic a preschooler acts, it is still human.

Old 03-18-2011, 03:44 PM

6,926 posts, read 5,576,164 times
Now really, the only dogs that should be allowed in any store is a seeing eye dog.

Any dog could not only pee & poop but jump out and bite a crying child or any child and bite them then that supermarket chain would have a nice lawsuit on their hands!!!

Old 03-18-2011, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milleka View Post
But a GROCERY store is for humans. No matter how demonic a preschooler acts, it is still human.
The point the complainer made is that the dog is gross and filthy and he/she was afraid of touching things the dog had touched.

But the truth is that a human child is much more filthy in terms of transmitting disease.

Old 03-18-2011, 03:46 PM

12,480 posts, read 14,367,991 times
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by imcurious View Post
Is this really a big issue? I didn't realize an occasional dog in a grocery store was such a HUGE issue. I wish my life were problem free enough to focus on tiny, insignificant irritants . . .

On that note, do you get angry when bugs land on your windshield: Who do you complain to? God?
Quote:
Frankly- I don't want either of them in there.

This entire thread has me cracking up!!!
Here's what I do when I see a dog---approach and ask if I can pet it. I don't care if it's in the middle of a grocery or a restaurant.
Here's what I do when I see kids: grab my always handy tissue,cover my mouth and nose & scurry in the other direction.

Old 03-18-2011, 03:50 PM

Look, I love children and I love dogs. It's not that I am anti-kid or something.

The point is that if you're going to make an argument against letting dogs into an establishment, it has to be a better argument than the 'dirty disease' argument. Because that one doesn't work...the kids are much more disgusting.

Come up with a real argument that holds water in the real world. You don't want to be bitten (wait, some kids bite...and their oral flora is worse for you than that of a dog)...uh...you don't want to hear incessant barking (wait...kids are noisy and often harder to shut up)...

Well...come up with some argument that makes real sense.

Old 03-18-2011, 03:52 PM

12,480 posts, read 14,367,991 times
Quote:
yea, well some don't act very civilized. I say humans carry more germs and transmittable diseases
Quote:
Originally Posted by hopedelivers View Post
Now really, the only dogs that should be allowed in any store is a seeing eye dog.

Any dog could not only pee & poop but jump out and bite a crying child or any child and bite them then that supermarket chain would have a nice lawsuit on their hands!!!
kids poop and pee on themselves and it seeps out of their clothes onto everything. I seriously,very seriously doubt a child is going to get bit by a dog in a store but I'm not too certain how safe a dog is around the out of control bratty kids of today.
Quote:
The point the complainer made is that the dog is gross and filthy and he/she was afraid of touching things the dog had touched.

But the truth is that a human child is much more filthy in terms of transmitting disease.
agree stan4---totally. My animals are clean,clean,clean. They roll over,after being outside, for me to clean their paws each and everytime the re-enter my house. They are bathed regularly and groomed daily. All their vaccinations are up to date.
Not sure I could count on all the above being true for kids.

Old 03-18-2011, 04:31 PM

2,596 posts, read 4,638,950 times
Quote:

Please understand that there is no one else on this earth who more wants to throttle irresponsible, lazy parents who take their obnoxious offspring to the store and turn them loose to terrorize the other patrons because the thought of having them at their side is too troubling. That being said, some actually do choose to discipline their children and supervise them appropriately in public and they don't act that way.

And so yes, there are places I do not want to see dogs, even though I am a pet owner and an animal lover. Not everything is appropriate for every situation. I use the bathroom daily, but I would not drop my pants and do so in the middle of the frozen foods aisle. That is inappropriate for the setting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness