Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2012, 10:35 PM

11,061 posts, read 17,464,658 times

Advertisements

When I was a youngster, there was a woman in town who always wore bib overalls (she looked sooooo much like Junior Samples from Hee Haw. Could have been his twin!). She had sewed a big pocket on the bib part and carried her chihuahua in it everywhere she went. This was before they had all these enforced laws about no pets in stores.

Old 08-28-2012, 10:36 PM

12,477 posts, read 17,754,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kygman View Post
When I was a youngster, there was a woman in town who always wore bib overalls (she looked sooooo much like Junior Samples from Hee Haw. Could have been his twin!). She had sewed a big pocket on the bib part and carried her chihuahua in it everywhere she went. This was before they had all these enforced laws about no pets in stores.

bet no one ever got sick and or died from it too

Old 08-28-2012, 10:54 PM

15,701 posts, read 17,001,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PippySkiddles View Post
ever given any thought to the nasty,disgusting poop and pee filled diapers that sit in the carts? Not to mention all the snot I see dripping from kid's noses and the coughing--kids always coughing!!
Food for thought
And let's not forget all of those people who do not wash their hands after using the restroom........and then proceed to fondle all the fruits, veggies and packaged food while deciding what they want to buy.

That's what you need to worry about, not a dog sitting in a cart or walking down the aisle.

Old 08-28-2012, 11:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
And let's not forget all of those people who do not wash their hands after using the restroom........and then proceed to fondle all the fruits, veggies and packaged food while deciding what they want to buy.

That's what you need to worry about, not a dog sitting in a cart or walking down the aisle.

ewwwwww I know!!! Gross.
I've never seen a dog go near the food. Ya know??!!

Old 08-29-2012, 12:07 AM

15,701 posts, read 17,001,975 times
Quote:
ewwwwww I know!!! Gross.
I've never seen a dog go near the food. Ya know??!!
Ewwww is right. That is why I scrub my fruits and veggies with dish soap before I eat them.

I try not to think about touching food packaging when I open it......you could drive yourself crazy.

Old 08-29-2012, 01:15 AM

3,477 posts, read 6,486,816 times
Quote:
ever given any thought to the nasty,disgusting poop and pee filled diapers that sit in the carts? Not to mention all the snot I see dripping from kid's noses and the coughing--kids always coughing!!
Food for thought
More food for thought - its against the health code for grocery stores and restaurants in California. Falsely representing a dog as a service animal is fraud under the Americans with Disabilities Act as well (up to $1,000 fine and six months in jail). Obviously this supposed liberal state I live in takes it seriously even if folks like you don't (and trotting out the nasty children analogy doesn't cut it). Non service animals do not belong in a grocery store (or restaurant/fast food place). Period.

Old 08-29-2012, 01:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeauCharles View Post
More food for thought - its against the health code for grocery stores and restaurants in California. Falsely representing a dog as a service animal is fraud under the Americans with Disabilities Act as well (up to $1,000 fine and six months in jail). Obviously this supposed liberal state I live in takes it seriously even if folks like you don't (and trotting out the nasty children analogy doesn't cut it). Non service animals do not belong in a grocery store (or restaurant/fast food place). Period.

no point in arguing with a closed minded person who can't or won't understand how filthy people and especially children are but dogs simply are not. Period.

Old 08-29-2012, 02:20 AM

37,097 posts, read 42,103,316 times
People are filthy but since we can't put them in a crate or kennel we have to allow them to be everywhere. Dogs not so much. There's a time a place and people need to be considerate of others. I've seen a few of those dog people who take it everywhere as if it were a baby and I can only assume there is some issue there I'll never know about.

Old 08-29-2012, 04:16 AM

13,580 posts, read 15,585,521 times
Back when I worked retail in the the mid-90's, people were just starting to bring dogs into stores here in Los Angeles. What really annoyed me was that, as a bookstore clerk, I'd have to often get on my knees in order to stock books or shuffle around books on lower shelves. And so, it was possible to get dog hair on my pants as a result of dogs being allowed in our store -- thanks for one more thing to be concerned about, as if I didn't put up with enough already being a minimum wage store clerk...

Old 08-29-2012, 04:35 AM

36,499 posts, read 53,933,224 times
There is something seriously wrong with a person who has to carry their dog around with them everywhere. They could save the money they aren't' spending on a psychiatrist to hire a pet sitter for the dog when they go to a restaurant or grocery store.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.