U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2011, 07:21 AM

12,120 posts, read 27,543,660 times

Advertisements

for 3 years and don't recall any nausea like i have now ( except for maybe little viruses that went away in 12 hours)

i went off Paxil completely because my doctor felt it was making me gain weight

as i first initiated this thread yesterday the nausea got worse and in fact turned into flu like symptoms. i just started micardis/hct(for blood pressure) which directions says it's possible you might experience flu like symptoms when you first start the medicine. i was nauseous, chilly, tired, bodyache, but all 3 temps i took were 98.8, 97.7 and 96.6.

this AM I'm better, i had a decent breakfast but i still am worried and feel i have to be careful what i eat
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2011, 08:08 AM

15,732 posts, read 17,295,336 times
Food allergies or celiac would be something I'd look into.

I was just diagnosed in the fall....before that suffered with nausea and stomach cramps for a very long time.

Turns out I had a lot of allergies to things I never would have thought of. Went off most of those foods and I feel 100% better.

Old 03-20-2011, 08:35 AM

Default I had 3 Quaker instant oatmeal

servings for breakfast yesterday, Folger's black silk coffee with non fat half and half (makes a great tasty cup), a little bit of cheese ravioli with one meatball, broccoli and mushrooms, and a can of diet pepsi

a few hours later the nausea hit. i suspect it might have been the diet pepsi and ravioli mixing together, or maybe the micardis/hct side effect

the day before (Friday) i had eggs for breakfast, a turkey burger for lunch, then i biked awhile and then had flounder for dinner. no problems on Friday.

isn't celiac inflammation of the digestive tract from the mouth all the way down? or is that Crohn's?

Old 03-20-2011, 08:40 AM

Default had the temps been 10-15 degrees higher

here in NY i would have biked and not eaten so much. no matter how much i exert myself on the bike, nausea never entered the picture when i'm out on the streets.

the cold weather here in NY has seriously been a wicked omen this winter. i have never seen it so bad. i am not one to complain but this winter really took it's toll on me. can't wait till it gets warmer

Old 03-20-2011, 09:02 AM

2 posts, read 3,353 times
My wife and I have been living a macrobiotic lifestyle for 3 years now. We have eliminated acid reflux and high colesterol. Our digestive tract is now in check, and we have lost weight as a result of the changes we have made.

If you are serious and willing to make major changes in your life we could definitely assist you by giving you a contact of a counselor who could instruct you on dietary changes. This will only work if you are serious about your health issues.

Initially you will need to eliminate white sugar, white flour, meat and dairy. If you are committed to doing this right now, you probably would feel better within days. You should also eat 3 regular meals a day that include whole grains.

To eat correctly and healthfully macrobiotically you will probably want to see a macrobitoic counselor. You may even be surprised by my statement that if you ate macrobiotically you could eliminate your diabetes medicine.

The question remains: are you serious about feeling better? If you want any more information, please contact me. I am not a counselor just a lay person enjoying health freedom through macrobitoics.

Old 03-20-2011, 09:12 AM

665 posts, read 1,477,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by walterklim View Post
My wife and I have been living a macrobiotic lifestyle for 3 years now. We have eliminated acid reflux and high colesterol. Our digestive tract is now in check, and we have lost weight as a result of the changes we have made.

If you are serious and willing to make major changes in your life we could definitely assist you by giving you a contact of a counselor who could instruct you on dietary changes. This will only work if you are serious about your health issues.

Initially you will need to eliminate white sugar, white flour, meat and dairy. If you are committed to doing this right now, you probably would feel better within days. You should also eat 3 regular meals a day that include whole grains.

To eat correctly and healthfully macrobiotically you will probably want to see a macrobitoic counselor. You may even be surprised by my statement that if you ate macrobiotically you could eliminate your diabetes medicine.

The question remains: are you serious about feeling better? If you want any more information, please contact me. I am not a counselor just a lay person enjoying health freedom through macrobitoics.

You used the word "macrobiotic" so many times but never explained what it is.

Someone with celiac or diabetes would get worse on this "diet"

Old 03-20-2011, 09:45 AM

Default well

being serious about it and putting it into action are 2 separate things. i eliminated soy from my diet recently and an IBS problem I had has vanished. i don't consider myself having IBS anymore (multiple trips to the bathroom as many as 7-8 per day). now, the only problem is nausea.

however, with my job stress (I know everybody has it and gets complained to death by everyone) it is very difficult to avoid the things mentioned above when you don't make the $$$ to afford the non-allergy producing foods.

i'm by no means a machine food eater and i don't eat sugary foods either. i do agree that even foods one might think are healthy still are allergy causing

i was in great shape a few months ago. just that after this cold virus all of a sudden all this nausea came on

is it possible you could recommend some kind of diet that is not so expensive?

i'm in NY City, not sure where this counselor is

Old 03-20-2011, 10:49 AM

WHAT ! ? !

Dude ! you drink diet soda for breakfast !

Old 03-20-2011, 11:02 AM

Default no

i had the diet soda with the ravioli for lunch. i have a diet soda maybe once a month.

with breakfast it's always Starbucks drip or iced coffees

Old 03-20-2011, 11:17 AM

OK the nausea tells me that it's dairy. If I were you I would cut out all grains (wheat, corn, etc.) AND all dairy and see you you feel.

Also, coffee is VERY acidic and first thing in the morning is probably not helping much.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness