U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-23-2011, 12:27 AM

3,593 posts, read 3,774,887 times

Advertisements

Alot of info recently says that longer endurance exercise actually harms health/heart. So I do weights (lower & upper body) 1x each/wk. But I do 6 days of cardio by walking on a trampoline w/ weights held in hands, or a farmer's walk carrying as heavy lbs as I can for 30-45 mins daily. I also alternate elliptical trainer, or step ups on a bench w/ weights held, on alternate days.

Now I see they say it may harm health via overtaxing the recovery system. I realize weights do the BEST help for exercise but I'm lost on cardio training. I want to do less but I don't want to under train either.

Should I cutback on anything or increase or...?

Thanks all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2011, 10:09 PM

26,346 posts, read 80,914,150 times
The first thing that struck me was how boring and monotonous those activities are. They don't sound fun. How long can someone continue to do something not fun? What about something that provides just as much exercise but is more fun, something like basketball, or soccer or cycling or hiking....I don't know, just something that seems more interesting.

How are your blood data, %body fat?
What does your doctor recommend?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness