Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2011, 10:52 AM

3,424 posts, read 5,973,037 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOON2BNSURPRISE View Post
Your Doctor will tell you to wait at least 60 days before having sex with your wife. They will also test your sperm to make sure that the procedure was a success after the 60 day period. Many people just don't wait and guess what, they get their wife pregnant. Or they decide that it is too much trouble to go back and retest. Kind of defeats the purpose don't you think?

Yeah, he said the same thing. Except that according to him he did his testing and the doctor okayed him to have sex. But when he told the doctor that he had impregnated his partner again, the doctor just explained to him that "these things arent always 100%", and sometimes they have to go back and perform the operation again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2011, 04:44 PM

745 posts, read 1,648,204 times
Be aware that there are sometimes false Positives for gonorrhea.
It has something to do with the way they culture it.
You should be retested.

Old 04-03-2011, 09:46 PM

5,644 posts, read 13,222,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhZone View Post
Be aware that there are sometimes false Positives for gonorrhea.
It has something to do with the way they culture it.
You should be retested.
Every test performed can have false positives as well as false negatives.

Testing for GC does not typically involve any type of culture, it is almost exclusively done by Genprobe. There is no point in being retested after treatment unless looking for test of cure. If the person has already been treated and is now negative what is the point of a retest?

Old 02-25-2016, 04:53 PM

1 posts, read 882 times
Hey, so, I'm in a similar situation. My boyfriend came down with a uti and they checked for stds also since they usually go hand in hand for guys his age, he came back positive for gonorrhea. We had been having sex almost every day for about 2 weeks before that, but I had my period when his symptoms started, so we currently haven't had sex at all for the past 2 and a half weeks, I just went and got tested a few days ago, they gave me a treatment just to be safe but I haven't gotten my results back. He lives with me and the only time were not together is when we're at work, otherwise he's at home, which I know for sure because I see his work schedules and we live with my parents, they always know when he's here. I have no idea where the gonorrhea came from and neither does he. He's been searching for answers as much as I have. One doctor has told us that it's completely through sexual contact, but another has told us that she's unsure if there are other ways to get it. I can't tell you how you got it, but I can tell you that it is possible for something like this to happen. The infection has to come from somewhere in the first place, so Im guessing it could just form inside a person out of nowhere and it's just an extremely rare case, but that could be totally wrong. It has to have started somewhere, right?

Old 02-25-2016, 05:15 PM

3,423 posts, read 4,365,023 times
I've never heard of any STD getting caught through the environment (as opposed to through sexual activity) with one exception, lice ("crabs"). There's a really remote possibility that they can be picked up through bedding, towels, public facilities, etc. With modern hygiene today, though, I guess they're much less common than they once were. Good thing.

I don't see how other STDs could be caught without intimate personal contact, though. There needs to be the "exchange of bodily fluids". And there are only so many scenarios where that could be possible.

Denial is a funny thing.

Old 02-25-2016, 07:49 PM

5,644 posts, read 13,222,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Houseof8 View Post
Hey, so, I'm in a similar situation. My boyfriend came down with a uti and they checked for stds also since they usually go hand in hand for guys his age, he came back positive for gonorrhea. We had been having sex almost every day for about 2 weeks before that, but I had my period when his symptoms started, so we currently haven't had sex at all for the past 2 and a half weeks, I just went and got tested a few days ago, they gave me a treatment just to be safe but I haven't gotten my results back. He lives with me and the only time were not together is when we're at work, otherwise he's at home, which I know for sure because I see his work schedules and we live with my parents, they always know when he's here. I have no idea where the gonorrhea came from and neither does he. He's been searching for answers as much as I have. One doctor has told us that it's completely through sexual contact, but another has told us that she's unsure if there are other ways to get it. I can't tell you how you got it, but I can tell you that it is possible for something like this to happen. The infection has to come from somewhere in the first place, so Im guessing it could just form inside a person out of nowhere and it's just an extremely rare case, but that could be totally wrong. It has to have started somewhere, right?
You are right.....that is totally wrong.....

STD's don't "spontaneously" appear out of nowhere like magic though many guys will try and tell girls that story....

Old 02-27-2016, 04:28 PM

469 posts, read 398,411 times
[quote=Houseof8;43147249]Hey, so, I'm in a similar situation. My boyfriend came down with a uti and they checked for stds also since they usually go hand in hand for guys his age, he came back positive for gonorrhea. We had been having sex almost every day for about 2 weeks before that, but I had my period when his symptoms started, so we currently haven't had sex at all for the past 2 and a half weeks, I just went and got tested a few days ago, they gave me a treatment just to be safe but I haven't gotten my results back. He lives with me and the only time were not together is when we're at work, otherwise he's at home, which I know for sure because I see his work schedules and we live with my parents, they always know when he's here. I have no idea where the gonorrhea came from and neither does he. He's been searching for answers as much as I have. One doctor has told us that it's completely through sexual contact, but another has told us that she's unsure if there are other ways to get it. I can't tell you how you got it, but I can tell you that it is possible for something like this to happen. The infection has to come from somewhere in the first place, so Im guessing it could just form inside a person out of nowhere and it's just an extremely rare case, but that could be totally wrong. It has to have started somewhere, right?[/quote]

No. Just no. Please educate yourself. These are sexually transmitted diseases. Period.

Also, all of you need to get tested for Herpes. They won't usually test you for it unless you specifically ask, and most people have no symptoms so they don't know they have it...which is why it's spreading like wildfire.

Old 02-28-2016, 12:34 AM

6,192 posts, read 7,352,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Houseof8 View Post

Did your boyfriend have sex with someone before you? And by that, I mean EVER. Because many men have STIs and do not know because they are more likely to be asymptomatic than women. So he could've had it for awhile. And no, there isn't "spontaneous generation."

Old 02-28-2016, 12:44 AM

44,254 posts, read 64,338,536 times
Lol at the amount of denial on this thread.

Old 02-28-2016, 01:05 AM

3 posts, read 2,204 times
The question I would ask since it hasn't been mentioned, do you use any sex toys that haven't been cleaned or did you actually check with his doctor to see if he even showed up for the test. Guys hate to go to the dr and will try anything to get out of it including accusing you of cheating on him. Just saying.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness