U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2011, 02:53 PM

42 posts, read 103,053 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milleka View Post
No. She couldn't breast feed both the twins. There wasn't enough milk. (She also didn't have enough milk for the single first child she had either). Her body just changed. Fat distribution and all I guess. She used to be a 34DD and now wears a 34C. Weird, huh?
Really? It is weird but I hope she's happy with her new boobies because I would!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2011, 04:11 PM

19,631 posts, read 53,481,140 times
his is a link to the K-Mart bra that is just like the Bali one: Clothing, Toys, Electronics, Jewelry, Jaclyn Smith - Kmart.com.

You know how Whirlpool makes most appliances for other companies, to their specifications and puts the other's label on them? I have to wonder if Bali or whoever, doesn't do the same thing for lingerie.

Old 03-27-2011, 05:08 PM

1,224 posts, read 3,377,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImElizabeth View Post
Really? It is weird but I hope she's happy with her new boobies because I would!
Yeah. She looks good- proportionate. Now I'm the one that needs a wheelbarrow to haul mine around. Mine is just because I'm fat.

Old 03-27-2011, 06:01 PM

9,164 posts, read 20,201,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImElizabeth View Post
@ Max's Mama: Thank you! I'll check it out. I exercise but never my back muscles.

@Justthe6ofus: I worry about the loosing sensation too , but most importantly about not being able to breasfeed. I'm still weighing whether or not to wait after having kids ( which is not someting planned yet) so we'll see. You're lucky you have such a nice shape! My hips are not that wide to make up for my big boobs but once they'll get reduced to a B , my body will be prefect!

@SouthernbelleinUtah: Really? I didn't know that. K-mart here I come!

@Roselvr: Thank you

Thank you for all of your answers! I really appreciate that
I'm pretty sure a few that had it done posted in the thread I linked to; so it's worth reading. You can always start on the last page 1st lol

Old 03-27-2011, 08:29 PM

442 posts, read 1,902,693 times
I've often thought what it would be like not to have large breasts on a small frame. I've come to the conclusion that I would miss them. They've been a part of my body and identity for so long now, that they are part of my life. My name is Sasha. I have large breasts.

Old 03-27-2011, 08:32 PM

442 posts, read 1,902,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SashaBlue View Post
I've often thought what it would be like not to have large breasts on a small frame. I've come to the conclusion that I would miss them. They've been a part of my body and identity for so long now, that they are part of my life. My name is Sasha. I have large breasts.
BTW I am 34F and proud of it.

Old 03-28-2011, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernBelleInUtah View Post
his is a link to the K-Mart bra that is just like the Bali one: Clothing, Toys, Electronics, Jewelry, Jaclyn Smith - Kmart.com.

You know how Whirlpool makes most appliances for other companies, to their specifications and puts the other's label on them? I have to wonder if Bali or whoever, doesn't do the same thing for lingerie.
Wow Thank you SouthernBelle in Utah, I'm going to snatch myself a pair!

Old 03-28-2011, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milleka View Post
Yeah. She looks good- proportionate. Now I'm the one that needs a wheelbarrow to haul mine around. Mine is just because I'm fat.
Oh ok that's why did she loose weight? Because some women have more fatty breast tissue than dense breast tissue so they loose the breast weight as they are loosing weight.

Old 03-28-2011, 01:11 PM

Default Decision

I have chit chat with one of the surgeon assistant as I was calling for a consultation appointment.
She has advised me to wait as I am planning for kids in the future ( My husband and I are getting it on tonight!) Lol just kidding! But chances are my breasts will grow back again during my pregnancy and I might not be able to breastfeed (which I want to be able to do). Guess I'm going to have to suck it ; loading myself with minimizer bras and underwire swimsuits! As much as I hate my breasts I have to be grateful that they are healthly and that's really all that should matter.......for now until I get rid if them!.
Thank you to all of you who replied. I really appreciated it

Old 03-28-2011, 01:25 PM

2,671 posts, read 2,704,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
The first thing you need to do is get fitted for bras by someone who knows how to do it. Go to a major department store with a large lingerie department. They usually have trained personnel to help you.

It goes without saying that if you do not want to look like a hooker, do not dress like one. See here (you may not like the actual garments, but pay attention to the principles):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3dU64...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJ28E5MKSbY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RB7Ig...eature=related

Women's Fashion Tips for Big Busts: Dress, Top, Jacket, Swimwear and Bra Styles for Your Body Shape

This company is British, but it gives you an idea what to look for in swimwear:

Bravissimo | Big Bras, Lingerie, Swimwear and Clothing for D-KK cup women

The women I know who have had reductions were overall satisfied with their procedures. Not being able to exclusively breast feed can be a problem. However, many women who have never had breast surgery can have problems nursing, too. Another problem is that some women have breast enlargement with pregnancy that persists after delivery. One option would be to delay the surgery until after child bearing is complete. Only you can tell whether that is an option for you personally.
Quote:
"If you don't want to look like a hooker then don't dress like one".
That response really irratated me. Obviously, you've never dealt with large breasts. The OP stated she has large breasts, and most of us burdened with that have done the 'right bra', and 'been fit' many years ago and many time over. That's all I'm going to say, other than if you haven't lived with it then you don't know what you're talking about.

To the OP: Tears nearly welled in my eyes when I read your post, because I know exactly what you are experiencing with the boob jokes, being stared at, being treated like you're promiscuous, not being able to find swimsuits that fit your breasts that don't make you look like something your granny would wear, having button down shirts that always pop open (unless you pin them) and having a very limited choice of summer clothes.

I've lived it, and I wish I had of had the money for a breast reduction at a young age. I'm 5'7" and was always slim, athletic, and fit. I was/is attractive and having big breasts simply drew men to think that they could speak to you like you're a hoe, it brouht out the most goofy, juvenile, and rude traits in a man, and I frankly became quite quick with come back cut downs.

After I take care of a foot surgery, I intend to try and get insurance to pay for a breast reduction. I figure it will be a big battle, but I've been reading about how some other women have approached it.

I fully understand how you feel, and recommend you go with the breast reduction if you have the money to do it. It doesn't matter what ANYONE else thinks. They don't live with it. You do. So, young lady, you do what is best for you. And good luck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness