U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2011, 11:08 PM

42 posts, read 103,411 times

Advertisements

I've been daydreaming about the day where nasty jokes about my boobs will stop such as : " your boobs constitue 50% of your weight" " You will never be able to drown , your boobs will keep you floating" ect.. and I want that day to be NOW

I'm 24, 110 lbs, 5"3 and I'm TIRED of my size D boobs! I know some people would probably laugh at me thinking some women would kill for them but NOT ME!

I would say that my reason for wanting breast reduction is more a self image issue than medical. I'm tired of spending forever to find "the right bra", tired of not having anything fit properly, tired of being looked at like I'm a hooker, tired of avoiding going to the beach because they make my body look disproportionated, tired of feeling this constant heavy weight on my chest when I'm working out and so much more!

I'm sorry for ranting so much but I'm miserable! My husband is very supportive but I'm worrying about some of the complications such as loss of sensation in the nipple and the inability to breastfeed. I don't have any kids yet but I might want them in the future and I would like to breastfeed.
I want to drop from 2 sizes only (from D to B) do you think that will affect my ability to breastfeed since they won't be taking out much? Should I go for it or endure the pain of hiding my body until I decide to have a kid?

Any feedbacks from anyone out there who had breasts reduction would be appreciated..especially those who did it for self image issue! Thank you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2011, 11:10 PM

1,224 posts, read 3,394,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImElizabeth View Post
I've been daydreaming about the day where nasty jokes about my boobs will stop such as : " your boobs constitue 50% of your weight" " You will never be able to drown , your boobs will keep you floating" ect.. and I want that day to be NOW

I'm 24, 110 lbs, 5"3 and I'm TIRED of my size D boobs! I know some people would probably laugh at me thinking some women would kill for them but NOT ME!

I would say that my reason for wanting breast reduction is more a self image issue than medical. I'm tired of spending forever to find "the right bra", tired of not having anything fit properly, tired of being looked at like I'm a hooker, tired of avoiding going to the beach because they make my body look disproportionated, tired of feeling this constant heavy weight on my chest when I'm working out and so much more!

I'm sorry for ranting so much but I'm miserable! My husband is very supportive but I'm worrying about some of the complications such as loss of sensation in the nipple and the inability to breastfeed. I don't have any kids yet but I might want them in the future and I would like to breastfeed.
I want to drop from 2 sizes only (from D to B) do you think that will affect my ability to breastfeed since they won't be taking out much? Should I go for it or endure the pain of hiding my body until I decide to have a kid?

Any feedbacks from anyone out there who had breasts reduction would be appreciated..especially those who did it for self image issue! Thank you
I'll trade ya for my double-D's!

Old 03-24-2011, 11:22 PM

Quote:
lol that's not funny! I'm very serious guys I only weigh 110 lbs and I look like a hooker with them
Sorry.

I really can sympathize. When I was at my thinnest (5'8", 142#, size 8) I still had 38 D's. I've thought about having a breat reduction as well. I have huge dents in my shoulders from my bra straps digging in and get awful pain up under my shoulder blades from hauling these puppies around all day. If I have to stand for very long, the weight from my boobs actually makes my ribs hurt.

Old 03-24-2011, 11:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milleka View Post
Sorry.

I really can sympathize. When I was at my thinnest (5'8", 142#, size 8) I still had 38 D's. I've thought about having a breat reduction as well. I have huge dents in my shoulders from my bra straps digging in and get awful pain up under my shoulder blades from hauling these puppies around all day. If I have to stand for very long, the weight from my boobs actually makes my ribs hurt.
OMG me too! I tried to tighten and "minimized" them as much as I can! I'm so ready for a breast reduction but I'm still saving money up and that breastfeeding thing kind of got me worried. Why haven't you gone along with the breast surgery?

Old 03-24-2011, 11:33 PM

Quote:
OMG me too! I tried to tighten and "minimized" them as much as I can! I'm so ready for a breast reduction but I'm still saving money up and that breastfeeding thing kind of got me worried. Why haven't you gone along with the breast surgery?
#1- I'm a public school teacher and can't afford the out-of-pocket expense on the surgery.

#2- I'm afraid it will make my jelly belly look even bigger.

#3- My husband likes them.

Old 03-24-2011, 11:35 PM

Quote:
#1- I'm a public school teacher and can't afford the out-of-pocket expense on the surgery.

#2- I'm afraid it will make my jelly belly look even bigger.

#3- My husband likes them.
I would just like to be able to find a bra that fits somewhere other than friggin' Lane Bryant. Ugh! Can you imagine what it would be like to walk into Target and pick up some cute little $10 jobby? As if! I gotta have the double-barrel, over the shoulder, boulder holder!

Old 03-24-2011, 11:39 PM

Quote:
Can you imagine what it would be like to walk into Target and pick up some cute little $10 jobby?
I get mad whenever I see them and the weird thing is these cute bras don't go pass by size B! you'll be lucky to even find a C and other sizes , forget about it! Pure boobies discrimination!

Old 03-24-2011, 11:42 PM

Quote:
I get mad whenever I see them and the weird thing is these cute bras don't go pass by size B! you'll be lucky to even find a C and other sizes , forget about it! Pure boobies discrimination!
It's a conspiracy fo sho!

Well, I hope you get the answers you need. I haven't been much help. Hopefully someone who's had a reduction will stumble across this thread and give you some better information.

Old 03-24-2011, 11:57 PM

25,971 posts, read 50,002,099 times
Reduction isn't as uncommon as one would think... men also have it done.

It is a personal decision for sure.

Women that have had it done for the most part would do it again.

Lots of factors to consider... also, you want someone that has done the procedure many times with an outstanding track record at a facility where the procedure is routine.

The number one non-medical reason I hear is large breast are an impediment to living life they way they desire.

Remember, if you have any doubts, always get a second opinion... no sense rushing elective surgery without a full understanding of the pros and cons.

If you have the chance, try and talk to women that have had the procedure.

Good Luck and whatever you do, don't do anything you are not comfortable.

Your body, your decision.

Old 03-25-2011, 12:21 AM

21,627 posts, read 26,337,982 times
Quote:

The first thing you need to do is get fitted for bras by someone who knows how to do it. Go to a major department store with a large lingerie department. They usually have trained personnel to help you.

It goes without saying that if you do not want to look like a hooker, do not dress like one. See here (you may not like the actual garments, but pay attention to the principles):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3dU64...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJ28E5MKSbY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RB7Ig...eature=related

Women's Fashion Tips for Big Busts: Dress, Top, Jacket, Swimwear and Bra Styles for Your Body Shape

This company is British, but it gives you an idea what to look for in swimwear:

Bravissimo | Big Bras, Lingerie, Swimwear and Clothing for D-KK cup women

The women I know who have had reductions were overall satisfied with their procedures. Not being able to exclusively breast feed can be a problem. However, many women who have never had breast surgery can have problems nursing, too. Another problem is that some women have breast enlargement with pregnancy that persists after delivery. One option would be to delay the surgery until after child bearing is complete. Only you can tell whether that is an option for you personally.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness