Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-08-2009, 10:22 AM

5,245 posts, read 16,428,379 times

Advertisements

Has anyone had this type of hysterectomy? I know I need - and I want - a hysterectomy. This seems like the best type for me and also has the fastest recovery time. I'd like some input from people that have undergone it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2009, 01:57 AM

2,725 posts, read 5,980,423 times
I never had cervical, but had laparoscopic done 2 times, tired for 2 days afterwards with the usual side effects, i can't say nothing bad about laproscopic surgery.

Old 03-25-2011, 11:41 PM

2 posts, read 5,589 times
I had it done yesterday. My reason was to hopefully stop the cramps resulting from an enlarged uterus (size of a grapefruit). When they opened me up they found a floating fibroid of significant size and irregular shape that appears to be the culprit (for the abbdominal/pelvic pain AND for the lower back pain I've been experiencing this past year). The surgery went 100% perfect. I'm in pain and there are some things I can't do but I will recover just fine. I was sent home with oxycodone and never having taken that before I didn't know those pills don't work for me. I spoke with my MD and vicodin is managing the pain great. I am a 40 yr old with a lot of medical complications but my outlook is great. Best of luck to you.

Old 03-26-2011, 10:38 AM

37,102 posts, read 41,261,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrs1885 View Post
Has anyone had this type of hysterectomy? I know I need - and I want - a hysterectomy. This seems like the best type for me and also has the fastest recovery time. I'd like some input from people that have undergone it.
Go for it. The laparoscopy reduces postop pain and recovery time.

I have not had a hysterectomy, but did have my gallbladder removed laparoscopically. Having had an ovary removed many years before, the difference was amazing.

Just remember that if the cervix is not removed, you still need regular Pap smears.

Old 03-26-2011, 10:51 AM

2 posts, read 5,589 times
Dear MRS1885,
Its been 3 days since my procedure and the recovery is going great. I had mod to severe pain at first but that is going away and I'm starting to feel the "itchy" signs of normal wound healing. The pain associated with the air used during the surgery is also gone. I can't bend over or lift heavy things, but that's about all I can't do anymore. And I'm starting to enjoy the benefits of the procedure (no cramping/bleeding - ever again!!!). I had 3 fibroids inside the uterus and a large disfigured floating 4th on the top outside area. I highly recommend the procedure. I found a great youtube video (about 8 min long) that helped me understand what I am feeling by seeing what was done. It takes away the fear associated with the unknown, and you start to realize all is well with you and your body is healing as it should. Good luck with your laproscopic supracervical hysterectomy Here is the link to the video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q3YH6NBBCb0
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness