U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-07-2011, 12:44 PM

3 posts, read 3,016 times

Advertisements

I recently lost my glasses, and I have no idea what to do now.
I got new ones an an exam last year, would it be possible to retrieve my eye exam results so I could get new glasses?

Do any places give free eye exams?

There are a lot of cheap places to buy glasses online, are they a good source?

As you maybe can see, Im quite lost. I need to get new glasses before I go home for Easter break.

Any input you can give will be helpful, thanks!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2011, 02:49 PM

1,167 posts, read 1,734,078 times
Whoever did your exam before should still have them on record. You can often find frames cheaper online than in a store.

As for lenses, I'd trust an optometrist you can talk to in person. Any optometrist can do lenses or send them off to have lenses made.

Old 04-07-2011, 07:13 PM

6,044 posts, read 21,141,653 times
Sure you can. You can either go back to the doctor who did your exam and he can order you a new pair, or you can request your medical records including most recent eye exam results be sent to where ever you want to get your new glasses from.
I personally would be wary of ordering eye glasses online unless it was from an online store that was recommended to me by someone I personally knew.

Old 04-07-2011, 07:20 PM

1,237 posts, read 2,881,563 times
The above posts pretty much sum it up. Your last exam location should be able to either order new ones or give you an Rx to take somewhere else.

Depending on your Rx and preferences, there usually are a lot of 'discount' type places that do glasses. Generally they have cheaper frames (I've never bought any so I can't comment on the quality) but they often do plastic lenses vs glass lenses (again, never tried them so I don't know how good they are).

Also, if you have a generic prescription you may be able to use 'cheaters' to be able to get through until you have the time to look for a decent pair of glasses.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness