U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-07-2011, 03:38 PM

125 posts, read 346,404 times

Advertisements

I am not sure if I should post this in the exercise/fitness forum or here...but my questions is..
I am starting to recover from PF, but am finding contradictions in insole solutions. I was fitted for and received custom orthotics-ouch! Dr #2 said "chuck em" they were sending my recovery back. She then said to get supports with a good arch....but they cause my feet and ankles to hurt again! I just received a pair of "amazing Insoles" they are completely different...flat, no arch at all, but they have a liquid they rolls back and forth from the heel to the ball of your foot..feeling pretty good so far. My concern is they have no arch support....this has been the most frustrating injury SO many contradictory opinions...
so I was wondering if any of you had any good thoughts or solutions on the insole controversy!
Thank you your help and suggestions are so much appreciated!
Prairiegirl
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2011, 04:01 PM

10,870 posts, read 18,968,919 times
I had trouble with plantar fasciitis for several years...didn't have insurance at the time so I just suffered instead. I started wearing these shoes: Okabashi Brands, Inc. and the first two weeks were agony, but it's been three years and I haven't had any problems at all with plantar fasciitis. You do have to replace them once a year or they get too flat to help though, and they're not exactly stylish, but you might give them a try.

Old 04-07-2011, 04:14 PM

11,769 posts, read 16,511,184 times
Had fasciatis on one and two fibrosis surgeries on the other foot. Your inserts will be painful when you start wearing them. You should have been advised on how to wear them. I found a certified pedorthist who fitted insoles, recommended "dressy shoes" and tennis which accomodate insoles.

Old 04-07-2011, 06:33 PM

5,547 posts, read 8,309,320 times
Had bad PF for one year. Got fitted for orthotics and to this day will not exercise without them.

Old 04-07-2011, 08:05 PM

21,576 posts, read 26,211,757 times
I had it and my orthopedist really emphasized stretching. I got some inexpensive over the counter inserts (still wear them) but the stretching worked within a few weeks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness