U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-08-2011, 12:47 AM

5,547 posts, read 8,298,221 times

Advertisements

Don't know where to put this so thought I'd put it here. Mods please feel free to move as appropriate but this is affecting my health and wellness.

First, I rec'd a phone call with a threatening tone that only said my name and hung up on me. (This was after someone threw 15 sharp objects in my yard and I know it was the new next door neighbor). The phone number came up yet when I called it (from a pay phone to see who it was) it says it's no longer in service. No problem, right? I'll just go back through my cell phone records and find it. Well, it does not appear. So I call my cell phone carrier and they assure me every phone call does show up, yet this one does not. Then I find fish line hanging off my roof a week or so ago. Fish line? How did fish line get on my roof? I live in the desert. At first I thought it was a cobweb and I grabbed it and discovered it and kept pulling on it and there must be 20 ft. of it.

Does anyone have any thoughts? How would you proceed? BTW, already notified police of sharp object situation and not sure if I should update them on this or not. I don't want to seem like a paranoid nutcase, but these things are rather bizarre. Thanks for any input.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2011, 05:40 AM

10,864 posts, read 18,917,965 times
What kind of sharp objects did you find?

Old 04-08-2011, 07:01 AM

10,864 posts, read 18,917,965 times
Now I'm back from taking the kids to school, more time to type

Fishing line is often used to make an invisible fence to keep deer out. If one of your neighbors was doing that and a piece caught the wind and took off, it could land on your roof and stick there.

About the odd phone call, I've had telemarketers call and then hang up when I answered. When you try to call them back it says the number isn't in service. They're not supposed to call cell phones, but they do sometimes. And those calls don't usually show up on my bill.

Are you still having trouble sleeping? Sometimes when you're not getting enough sleep, things can seem more sinister than they actually are. I wouldn't call the police about the fishing line because there's nothing they can do, it's not like someone could be planning to use it to scale your roof or something...I mean, if you found a rope hanging off your roof, that might warrant a call to the police, but what could someone really do with fishing line? And you want the police to take you seriously if you ever have a real emergency, so limiting the calls to important things is probably best.

Old 04-08-2011, 11:54 PM

1,677 posts, read 3,614,161 times
Since the police already have a file on you make sure you call and add whatever is weird. Trust you sixth sense.

Old 04-09-2011, 12:07 AM

3,359 posts, read 10,640,568 times
I'd hold back and see what happens. The police already are aware of the previous incident and this one is merely strange not dangerous. Keep your wits about you and keep things locked up. It could just be kids.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness