U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 04-10-2011, 07:28 AM
ino
 
Location: Way beyond the black stump.
680 posts, read 2,132,738 times
Reputation: 1020

Advertisements

"You happy to see me...etc etc" LOL.

As an exercise, have as many coffees or water or whatever you want throughout the day, and into the evening if necessary - and hold that liquid in all day, or two days if you can, then tell me where you feel a sensation as you increasingly try keeping that flood gate closed.

Nothing will be visible of course because you are conscious, so if your bladder fills up during sleeping hours and you fail to wake up...what keeps that flood gate closed? Something must keeping it closed, and unless one is nuerologically brain dead it will be an automatic trigger that sends a message to wherever the message needs to go in order not to piddle the bed. And as you say, one will be in the relaxed state when in sleep mode, so if we are not consciously holding it in...what is? It will be the relaxed state, or unconscious state that results in the morning glory as the 'trigger' mechanism has done it's job throughout the sleeping hours.

As I said before, it's not the only reason for the morning glory, or half glory, it's just one reason for it. There could be a hundred other reasons for all I know. We may like to think we are in control of our bodies and bodily functions...but the inner workings of the mind take over when we're in sleep mode, we have no control...but *something* must maintain control when we're not in conscious attendance, and that something must be an automated response.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 04-10-2011, 11:05 AM
 
223 posts, read 503,084 times
Reputation: 369
Quote:
Originally Posted by SD4020 View Post
Morning wood and the need to whizz are not releated. The morning erections are usually due to be being relaxed from resting not arousal. That might explain the difference. The difference arises with amount of blood and other factors. It is thought to be tied in to REM sleep and not a bladder function.
Exactly! Women don't get erections and yet they don't "wet the bed."

If you have any doubt that the US lags in sciences, all one needs to do is read C-D.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-10-2011, 12:05 PM
 
Location: Great Plains
25,584 posts, read 30,534,568 times
Reputation: 22713
Well being a bladder is controlled by a muscle and not a penis the notion of a morning erection is wrong. Care to explain how I haven't wet the bed in 30 plus years and I haven't had erections for nearly that long. How is it that I'll wake up without an erection or a wet bed? Again the "logic" that it offers control is silly at best. Give me some time I will refute this idea erections are a means of bladder control. Kinda hard from a blackberry.

It is sad that America who was once a leader in science has now stooped to this level.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-10-2011, 05:42 PM
 
Location: Newport, Rhode Island
665 posts, read 1,478,538 times
Reputation: 522
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alf_Rocks View Post

If you have any doubt that the US lags in sciences, all one needs to do is read C-D.

The religious zealots don't let teachers talk about erections in the schools.

Most men learn about sex from watching porn.


ps. with all this talk about prostate cancer the folks on TV never say what the prostate is for (if they do they are usually wrong)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-10-2011, 06:15 PM
ino
 
Location: Way beyond the black stump.
680 posts, read 2,132,738 times
Reputation: 1020
OK, whatever you's reckon, I've given the OP one possibility. I'm not sure if you's are deliberately missing my point or just locked into one frame of thought, so I'll end with this...How does one continue breathing, and the heart still maintains it's rythm while we are in sleep mode? That's science! Understanding that there are other forces at work while in the unconscious state.

Not forgetting that..."It is *thought* to be REM sleep". That's not science. Science is about questioning and trying to get a better understanding of how, what, and why things work as they do. Consider my supposition as a *thought* then if you like, in which case it deserves to be given equal merit/plausability as REM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-10-2011, 07:18 PM
 
Location: Newport, Rhode Island
665 posts, read 1,478,538 times
Reputation: 522
Quote:
Originally Posted by SD4020 View Post
There is more evidence to support the REM sleep theory that your idoicy.

Also you mention prostate. Why don't you post up what the function of that glad is and its function in the endocrine system.

I can't find the word "prostate" in Ino's post.................................. but then my mom always warned me that I would go blind.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-11-2011, 06:15 AM
 
8,812 posts, read 9,633,206 times
Reputation: 6695
erections and bed wetting are controlled by our endocrine system, I know some women think men want to have sex in the moring because they are full of pee, but that pee might be full of hormones, Thats why pregnancy test are best done with first morning pee, Bed wetting can be treated with hormones. Now back to the topic, If your morning erection is not representing, then you may not have sufficent hormone levels at that time. It could be related to the quality of sleep you are getting.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-11-2011, 04:24 PM
 
Location: Great Plains
25,584 posts, read 30,534,568 times
Reputation: 22713
Quote:
Originally Posted by thriftylefty View Post
erections and bed wetting are controlled by our endocrine system, I know some women think men want to have sex in the moring because they are full of pee, but that pee might be full of hormones, Thats why pregnancy test are best done with first morning pee, Bed wetting can be treated with hormones. Now back to the topic, If your morning erection is not representing, then you may not have sufficent hormone levels at that time. It could be related to the quality of sleep you are getting.
Care to cite a reputable source?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-11-2011, 06:37 PM
 
8,812 posts, read 9,633,206 times
Reputation: 6695
Quote:
Originally Posted by SD4020 View Post
Care to cite a reputable source?
Recent studies link hormone imbalance and bed-wetting in children. Previously, bed-wetting was associated with psychological issues, deep sleep and small bladder capacity. The new studies that point to imbalanced hormones could be having something to point us to new medication direction

Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/1104403 (broken link)

If a lack of morning erections is accompanied by a lack of overall erections it suggests a physical over a psychological cause. If you are concerned about a noticeable change in your morning erections it's something you may want to talk about with your doctor. However there are a variety of other factors that influence morning erections (including length and quality of sleep) and a change in morning erections doesn't always indicate a serious problem.
Morning Erections – What Causes Nighttime and Morning Erections?

These are quick ones I found, I'm sure there's a dissertation out there on these subjects as they have been fairly well researched for quite some time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top