Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2014, 02:38 PM

417 posts, read 815,907 times

Advertisements

I had a fine needle aspiration in Dec 2013 for my thyroid. I had a 2 cm growth on the left lobe of my thyroid.

The procedure didn't bother me at all. I ended up being diagnosed with thyroid cancer, which sucked. But the procedures I had to go through to get the diagnosis (ultrasounds and the FNA) were no big deal for me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2014, 07:04 PM

1 posts, read 2,439 times
So, how are you doing all of these years later?

I was relieved to read about your experience. I am set to have a biopsy in two weeks. My main concern is -- how long will the whole process take? I have three separate masses, several nodules, several cysts and several feelers extending into my chest. If they are all biopsied, I could be in tears by the time the procedure is done.

littlemaya

Old 10-08-2014, 03:48 PM

1 posts, read 2,391 times
I just had my FNA and it was so painful we only managed a few nodules.It sent pain shooting down my spine and Ovrecently had a forcep birth which was not as bad

Old 10-23-2014, 02:42 PM

50,765 posts, read 24,261,465 times
I had my FNA today -- 8 needles on one thyroid nodule. The lidocaine shot was very tolerable. There was no pain with the 8 needles...just a very mild discomfort. At least in my case, I worried for nothing.

I have this idea that the experience level of the doctor doing the biopsy has a lot to do with how well it goes.

Old 10-23-2014, 04:18 PM

15,142 posts, read 27,760,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mellys View Post
I just had my FNA and it was so painful we only managed a few nodules.It sent pain shooting down my spine and Ovrecently had a forcep birth which was not as bad
Sorry you must have have had an incompetent person doing the procedure - posts like yours (and I see you only posted ONCE) scare people unnessasarily.

Old 10-23-2014, 09:13 PM

19,855 posts, read 65,802,767 times
My endocrinologist did the procedure in the hospital and it hurt a lot. He does them frequently. I was actually in tears by the end of it.

Old 11-01-2014, 11:50 PM

1 posts, read 2,306 times
I am scheduled for a fine needle biopsy on Tuesday. I am wondering if I should call my doctor and request an order for a xanax before the procedure. I had a cervical biopsy several years ago and thought I would die. It just so bad. I'm having a lymph node removal on Monday so I just don't want to be so stressed out.

Old 11-02-2014, 12:31 AM

12,477 posts, read 17,785,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sschepp1 View Post
I am scheduled for a fine needle biopsy on Tuesday. I am wondering if I should call my doctor and request an order for a xanax before the procedure. I had a cervical biopsy several years ago and thought I would die. It just so bad. I'm having a lymph node removal on Monday so I just don't want to be so stressed out.

wouldn't hurt to ask. Good luck with all that you seem to have going on. I would be stressed!

Old 01-14-2015, 09:14 AM

1 posts, read 2,204 times
I had a FNA done in endo office under ultra sound with lidocaine spray to numb yesterday. I have a 2.5cm nodule on my right lobe. Each experience is different. My 67 yr old mother had a FNA biopsy done on 3 nodules last month and only had soreness of neck afterwards. I had 5 needles extractions. Was totally fine until the 3rd needle which hit something that made my whole body jump in pain. I became dizzy and nauseous and felt like I might pass out. We took a 5 minute break while my body relaxed again and I was given water to drink. Feellings all subsided and did the last 2 need draws just fine. Dr said sometimes people's bodies react different to pain. She said she could have touched a muscle, nerve or just my thyroid and that was how my body responded to the pain. Once I relaxed my body and told myself to not be nervous I calmed down. Overall the FNA biopsy was not horrible except for that one poked. But each persons's body reacts differently to things. Something to one person might be pain free while to another is painful. Remain calm and know it will be over quick. Go to your happy place. it's hard to say not be nervous since needles going into your neck is not an everyday thing. It is fairly quick and the end result will help figure out what is going on with your nodule.

Old 07-14-2015, 06:56 PM

1 posts, read 2,014 times
Simple test FNB I was worried over nothing it only took 20 mins
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness