U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2015, 09:00 AM

42,664 posts, read 72,976,651 times

Advertisements

You might be reacting to the outgassing of all the plastic packaging materials in the store, causing a momentary reduction in oxygen intake. Or, maybe it is affecting your eyesight until your eyes accommodate to the reduced lighting in the store after being out in the bright sun. Your sense of balance partly depends on your visual orientation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2015, 09:40 AM

3,330 posts, read 2,055,706 times
With me it is the wide open stores or parking lots or football fields. ... in wide open spaces I feel off and not balanced..I have spatial problems with my eyes...thus hyperventilation starts and once that happens. ..I'm screwed...I have to breathe correctly for a while and that does it...I have NEVER breathed right and I think I may have hyperventilation syndrome and that has been at the core of my agoraphobia and panic stuff If I am breathing right it is all good...

Old 12-07-2015, 10:28 PM

912 posts, read 620,336 times
When I had vertigo, narrow spaces (ie. narrow hallways, stairwells, etc) and for some reason my office chair would set my head spinning.

Old 12-17-2015, 06:54 PM

1 posts, read 1,380 times
I've had this happen to me multiple times, but it' usually with unfamiliar houses I enter. I get the same smell and get light headed. It never happens a second time in the same place though. It's always somewhere that I haven't been. I've never had any form of anxiety disorder or panic attacks, so I'm really not sure on what to think.

Old 01-12-2016, 03:01 PM

1 posts, read 1,332 times
I've had positionable vertigo for 15 years,meaning it happens if leaned back in chair like at dentist or looking up in air for too long,starting a spinning sensation. Usually happens during a cold bug or ear infection. Then it may stop for months,then return.
However I developed sensitivity to noise/loud music and then the dizzy like symptoms many of you mention,especially in stores where music is played . Over the last few years it really got worse to the point I couldn't function properly . I read about perfumes.colognes causing this as the fumes go into your sinus,thus causing puffy eyes and dizziness. So I stopped wearing cologne or would only dab it on my ankle area as far away from my face as possible! It made sense since walmart and other stores had high scents of perfumes/colognes and even cleanning supplies in the stores combined with the loud music and bright lighting. However it didn't help!
Then one day It stopped! And you will never guess why! Hopefully you people who have these dizzy spells in stores to the point you need to hold onto something like a shopping cart to avoid collapsing are making the same mistake I was! Are you ready for what was causing it? Believe it or not I ran out of a certain shampoo I was using for years and within a week the symptoms were gone! Never to return since! That is until I saw the shampoo in a dollar store and bought some,bingo symptoms were back! I WAS SHAMPOOING several times a week on the request of my dermatologist years ago with medicated shampoo,usually tar shampoo and one day I decided to google side effects of tar shampoo and sure enough it had several warnings to avoid contact with ears/eyes/private parts/etc!
DON'T USE MEDICATED SHAMPOO'S REGULARLY OR BEFORE GOING OUT! Use them sparringly and in evening before bed! If you have walking dizzyiness in stores or even around noise or sensitive to music etc. this could be why!

Old 03-22-2016, 12:25 PM

1 posts, read 1,215 times
I'm a 49 year old white male who also has dizziness/light headed and a sinus pressure feeling in in big store's like walmarts, my neurologist say's it's do to post concussion syndrome that i started haven 1 year ago after i passed out and hit my head on the tile floor.When will i ever start feeling normal again ???

Old 05-03-2016, 03:31 AM

1 posts, read 1,126 times
Default I also get dizzy spells and other similar symptoms when entering these stores.

I am happy to hear that I am not the only one experiencing these symptoms. Every time I go shopping to Target. After walking around for about 10 to 15 min. I start getting sick. I start feeling very disoriented. I get extremely dizzy, my stomach starts to hurt and I can smell a musky mixed with Deturgant kind of smell. I no longer can focus and I find myself getting anxious to where I start going to different isles trying to run from it. I feel like it's a freak allergy or a chemical reaction that I get and it does not go away until I leave the store. The strange thing is that as far as I can tell its every Target store I go to. When I get home and I take the outfits I purchased out of the bags I start to smell it again. I start feeling sick again so I have to put the stuff back into the bags and stick them in a closet. Does anyone know what it could be that is causing this?

Old 04-21-2017, 02:14 PM

1 posts, read 768 times
Default Dizzy at the counter

I thought it was just me!!
I only experienced this first a few weeks ago, but I have had it happen 3 times now. Every time I walk into my Tractor Supply store. Must be some kind of chemical, or the lights that some of you mentioned. Thank you for sharing. Now I don't feel crazy, lol!

Old 08-02-2017, 09:27 PM

4 posts, read 4,585 times
This AND I have to take a dump. Target, Wally's, Lowes, etc. Any big box store. It's the lighting I reckon.

Old 08-02-2017, 10:31 PM

4,303 posts, read 3,139,514 times
Agoraphobia.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness