U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-18-2011, 05:54 PM

12,120 posts, read 25,834,636 times

Advertisements

in January i had a mild flu virus with a mild fever which went away in a few hours. however i had a nasty lingering cough that lasted exactly 2 months. i had nausea from codeine (which i stopped) and from augmentin (which I didn't need). the nausea lingered at times (see my previous posts)

in march i had a mild fever and some nausea which lasted overnight then went away. at the time i started micardis/hct and i have noted a tendency toward feeling cold

as of now i have a sore throat and some throat irritation. i feel cold and chilly and closed my windows but my temp, taken on several different thermometers, is between 97.6 and 98.6.

i also have some nausea which has been an issue(possible diabetic gastroparesis?) which never leads to vomiting. this is odd because i was just shopping for food for tonight and now i'm not so hungry

can the micardis/hct cause me to feel cold?

not sure why i am developing so many cold symptoms lately and feeling so cold

my glucose is always between 80-110 during nausea attacks so i doubt it's from glucose

any ideas?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2011, 11:59 PM

806 posts, read 1,844,221 times
What type of flu virus lasts only a few hours??

You have a lingering COUGH and NAUSEA still, take Micardis, and have Diabetes??
You feel cold a lot more.

Sounds like you need to talk to your primary doctor..

"In rare cases, Micardis can cause a condition that results in the breakdown of skeletal muscle tissue, leading to kidney failure. Call your doctor right away if you have muscle pain, tenderness, or weakness especially if you also have fever, nausea or vomiting, and dark colored urine."

Fever/Nausea before Micardis? Sore throat?

How are your lungs?

Old 04-19-2011, 11:01 AM

Default lungs are fine

but in January i had a fever of 100.5 that went down after a few hours, same thing in March, fever of 101 lasted from dinnertime and got all better by breakfast next day. wouldn't those be considered viruses?

Old 04-19-2011, 02:31 PM

4,924 posts, read 11,719,814 times
If you had flu, it can progress to pneumonia....not a laughing matter! Have you seen a doctor? If not, you should!

Old 04-19-2011, 05:04 PM

Default those weren't full blown flu's

i was better in a day each time, but the cough lasted 2 months. my chest was listened to by doctors many times and the upper resp. tract was totally clear each time

the cough did go away last month. now i am feeling the familiar irritated throat again which is probably allergies

was told the nausea could actually be maybe swallowing of post nasal drip

i also have to see a dentist as one of my teeth feels sore at times. i am so busy i just haven't had the chance

the pain feels like it's by a tooth that had a cavity in 2006 or 2007. if i had a cavity or a filling came out, is it possible this nausea business and coldness comes from that?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness