U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Thread summary:

Meditation: aura, studies, blood pressure, concentration, development.

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2007, 11:34 PM

66,480 posts, read 16,374,086 times

Advertisements

I practice Transcendental Meditation,started around 1986.I try to do it early in the mornings before I go to my walks. When I meditate,something would pop into my mind.What ever it is it could be something that happened a year ago or something that happened yesterday,and then I solved the problem in my meditations.I would go into a room.I would choose like 4 or 5 people,and very likely I would be right about what kind of person they would be. Are you like that? What comes to your mind that others see you as intuitive. I had a color done on me. I am totally violet blue.which is a spiritual color.
This is something I always wanted to know
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2007, 06:39 AM

9,856 posts, read 13,426,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonten View Post
I practice Transcendental Meditation,started around 1986.I try to do it early in the mornings before I go to my walks. When I meditate,something would pop into my mind.What ever it is it could be something that happened a year ago or something that happened yesterday,and then I solved the problem in my meditations.I would go into a room.I would choose like 4 or 5 people,and very likely I would be right about what kind of person they would be. Are you like that? What comes to your mind that others see you as intuitive. I had a color done on me. I am totally violet blue.which is a spiritual color.
This is something I always wanted to know
Just so you know, studies have been done on auras, and it has been proven they do not exist. I saw a report on TV a while ago where they put a person behind a screen so their head was just below the top of it, and no aura was ever seen. They also did a test where two different people put their hand through a hole in a screen, and the person sensing the 'aura' did not even realize it was a different person's hand.

All this meditation and spiritual color stuff is great (I don't want to tell anyone they are wrong...I mean, ANYthing is possible I guess), but everything needs to be tested. When I approach any new theory or information, I assume it is true until it's proven false (I think that is the best way to remove any personal bias), and this has been proven false.

Old 07-31-2007, 09:14 AM

66,480 posts, read 16,374,086 times
Meditation is good.I practice TM. It really calms you down.Helps your concentration,lowers blood pressure.Usually when I am done,my skin feels cool.

Old 11-30-2007, 11:18 AM

7,764 posts, read 16,877,837 times
A few years ago I was doing alot of work with colors which I referred to as The Rainbow Mandala. I would create an 8 pointed star mandala with each point having one of the 7 rainbow colors along with gold and silver, making a total of 9 colors. The color not used in one of the 8 points was used as the background color on which the mandala resided. The sequence of the colors from one point to the next is based on an algorithm using the date and time of birth for the person whose mandala I'm creating...so no 2 mandalas are ever the same. Each mandala is a very individualized color coded portrait if you will. I would teach my clients to simply gaze at it for a few minutes the close their eyes and meditate for a few minutes. It is a simple yet very powerful process for tuning in and becomming aligned with a deeper part of ourselves. When that alignment occurs, a person tends to be more in touch with their intuition....and the intuition is more reliable as well. Color is a very powerful means of communication with the deeper levels of our being, especially when combined with a meditative process.

blessings...Franco

Old 11-30-2007, 12:06 PM

2,493 posts, read 3,279,776 times
Some people are born being overwhelmingly sensitive and in tune with others. Some call it "empathy" and I don't think it's something that you can develop. I think it's something you are either born with or not. I know people like this, and I know that life is extremely difficult for them. The only thing they seek to cultivate is a thicker wall between them and the outside world.

Greenie

Old 11-30-2007, 12:16 PM

12,627 posts, read 18,170,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenMachine View Post
Some people are born being overwhelmingly sensitive and in tune with others. Some call it "empathy" and I don't think it's something that you can develop. I think it's something you are either born with or not. I know people like this, and I know that life is extremely difficult for them. The only thing they seek to cultivate is a thicker wall between them and the outside world.

Greenie
You are right I am one of those people so are my kids, an Aunt, Great Great grandmother, cousins. You do learn the wall thing. But never to ignore it and the feelings. It has saved my life and one of my kids lives literally!

Old 11-30-2007, 01:07 PM

7,764 posts, read 16,877,837 times
GreenMachine wrote:
When I lived in Virginia Beach I often attended workshops emphasing Intuition development at the Edgar Cayce center ( A.R.E. ). Based on my personal experience, and observing others, I assure you that intuition is something that can be developed or awakened beyond a shadow of doubt.

blessings...Franco

Old 11-30-2007, 01:51 PM

13,092 posts, read 13,691,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hnsq View Post
Just so you know, studies have been done on auras, and it has been proven they do not exist. everything needs to be tested. and this has been proven false.
So then these also don't exist because they can not be "proven" ?
love...happiness...joy...dreams...desires....god.. .

what a barren existence if we limit to a narrow range what can be "proven." All that does is keep out a lot of the fun wonderful stuff of life!

How do you know love? Because you feel it. How do you know happiness? Because you feel it. You know you have dreams at night, but can you prove it to anyone else? No, but you know it yourself because you SEE IT.

The same is true for the aura. You personally may not see it. But lots of people do, across all cultures, across all times. It is a fact. It is proven. It is more accurate for you to simply say that you don't believe the aura exists.

Old 11-30-2007, 02:46 PM

2,493 posts, read 3,279,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewAgeRedneck View Post
When I lived in Virginia Beach I often attended workshops emphasing Intuition development at the Edgar Cayce center ( A.R.E. ). Based on my personal experience, and observing others, I assure you that intuition is something that can be developed or awakened beyond a shadow of doubt.
I don't think so. I think we live in a world where people create cults, classes, and all kinds of new age type thingies to help them get in touch with themselves and find "happiness." Most of them just end up playing a role, like actors on a stage, only the stage is their life.

Greenie

Old 11-30-2007, 02:55 PM

55,667 posts, read 74,628,627 times
i am not sure about the color thing or transendental meditation
but if i get any more intuitive they are going to lock me up.
hit it right a lot of the time. but not 100%. the danger of omen driven behavior is that it can get you killed in a jiffy. a few good crash and burn events, especially one referred to in behavioral science as "diffusion" can convince you of this pdq. diffusion is when by some magical fluke against all odds you have a major life success and then try to apply this against all odds magical reasoning to the rest of your life with tragic results. happens all the time. smart people doin insane stuff. been there done that.
ps alexander the great a very religious man, was omen driven which worked great for awhile but one day he saw a bird fly overhead while giving a speech to the army thought that was his que to go home. 2/3 of them died slow painful death of thirst on the march on northern coastal desert route back thru india.

Last edited by Huckleberry3911948; 11-30-2007 at 03:21 PM.. Reason: typo
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness