U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2011, 01:53 PM

13,258 posts, read 34,725,908 times

Advertisements

Psoriasis can definitely manifest in varying degrees, and treatment depends on severety and location of the affected areas. Some people just get a little redness every so often, but no discomfort, so they leave it untreated and it fades by itself until the next time it crops up. Others have horrible, chronic patchy scaly "angry" looking skin, and can even develop oozing pustules.

Most people with psoriasis fall somewhere inbetween; splotches of red, scaly skin that respond to a variety of treatments to an equal variety of success (or lack thereof). Since the cause is not known, and even the triggers can vary, including - not having any trigger at all and just showing up at random moments for no apparent reason - it can be difficult to treat. For the same reasons, it can't be cured. Either you have it, or you don't.

What one person with psoriasis thinks is a miraculous treatment that makes all their symptoms disappear, could be completely useless for someone else. That's the nature of a lot of auto-immune diseases though. The body's immune sytem is wonky and responds inappropriately to itself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2011, 09:57 PM

665 posts, read 1,480,378 times
I stumbled on this while surfing

Psoriasis Diet - Tips on What to do for Psoriasis

Old 04-26-2011, 03:26 AM

11,544 posts, read 25,134,520 times
I don't know that I have ever seen psoriasis. Bag balm has been used for years by mechanicas, farmers and rannchers to heal dry, cracked skin If it your hands or feel. slather it on, like butter on hot fresh bread, before bedtime and wear plastic gloves and plastic footies to oben to keep it off the sheets. It is amazind what happens after just one njgbt.

I have a skin disease that mimcks different symptoms as it moves to different sections of my body. What it does not mask is the intense itching that makes me want to cut off my _____ (name a body part) to stop it. I went to a lot of family doctors and spent a small fortune on drugs looking for relief before I found a dermatologist who knew what it was. It's a very common young child's skin disease that is rarely seen in older adults. Children out-grow it.

It is greatly mis-diagnosed, improprely treated, it's genetic and it is passed from generation to generation by the mother. There is no known cure. There is no known relief. What gives me relief may not help anyone else on the planet. The goat's milk that helps child allergies may or may not help an adult. Moderate temperatures plus all-natural skin and laundry products that are alcohol and fragrance free help as much as drugs; neither stops the itch completely..

If you have a skin disease you have my deepest sympathy. It really is not a joke, "In your head", a rash, or "just a red patch" on the face. It is a real problem for real people who suffer with "it".

Good luck to you all.

Old 01-16-2012, 03:42 PM

1 posts, read 514 times
i have found a better solution for psoraisis. i am having this allergy from last 5 years, and it went bad and bad day by day on my whole body, hands, head, knees,...i used many medicines did much treatment for that. lost too much money for that but i it was never finished. last year i went to a chemical store, there i met a chemist, he told me that psoraisis is an allergy due to lack of Vitamin E in your body, so use of Vitamin E is very gud for psoraisis, so i start eating 1 capsule of Vitamin E every day, and now its finished. i am so happy. i suggest people having psoraisis that make use of Vitamin E as much as you can, and you will feel the difference. Always Remember me in your prayers......

Old 01-17-2012, 08:54 PM

9,482 posts, read 15,071,454 times
Enbrel!

Get REAL treatment, not all those phoney treatments. Its a real disease, needs real treatment. Oh, and don't let others put a guilt trip on you, its your imagination, nerves, stress, way you eat, sleep, etc. NOT!

also, methotrexate

Although, in my case, I seriously think its aliens trying to crawl out of my skin!

Old 01-22-2012, 05:08 AM

2,725 posts, read 4,916,673 times
I had this really bad years ago especially on my hands & chest. While visiting someone in the hospital I was talking to a doctor & he noticed my hands, he told me to take selenium (in the vitamin area) because our soil is depleted of it, I did and the problem went away, if I get a flare up thats what I take, no creams ever helped.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness