U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2011, 04:55 PM

13,258 posts, read 34,623,814 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Kronk View Post
are you insinuating that since there are a lot of 100+ years olds right now, that we must be doing things correctly? if so, that's super lame.

these people were born in 1911 or earlier (obviously).

they grew up before the industrial revolution. many of them were already 'set in their ways' before the 1960s and 70s when we all decided that saturated fat is suddenly bad for you and that HFCS is a healthy sweetener.

if that is not what you are insinuating, then fine. but since you didn't specify, i made an assumption.
The absolute youngest people who were born during the Industrial Revolution would be 140 years old. I think it's safe to say they're all dead now. The ones who made it into the 1960's would have been around 90 years old, back in the 1960's, and probably wouldn't have given two flying figs whether their oatmeal had HFCS in it or not.

And, back to your previous post, my arguement is with your use of the word "we." You imply that "we" - meaning, people, the human race as a whole, used lard. My response to that, is untrue. MY people..the "we" that is people who kept kosher, did not use lard. And never used bacon grease and in fact allowed no pork to pass our doorways and didn't even keep pigs in the pen on our farms. Do not pretend to speak on everyone's behalf, unless you are sure that everyone would agree.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2011, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Kronk View Post

what I am saying is: watch the ingredients you ingest. eat whole, nutrient dense, healthy foods free of silly manmade garbage. single ingredient foods are king. keep the sugar content low, particularly fructose. do not fear saturated fats from healthy sources and do not eat manmade seed derived oils because the high content of unstable omega6 is inflammatory in the body.
Or, you can eat mostly candy and cake, tea with lemon and sugar, shun anything "diet" except for saccharine, dump salt on anything that isn't meant to be sweet, and live to be 97 like my grandmother did.

Old 04-27-2011, 07:18 PM

665 posts, read 1,477,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonChick View Post
Or, you can eat mostly candy and cake, tea with lemon and sugar, shun anything "diet" except for saccharine, dump salt on anything that isn't meant to be sweet, and live to be 97 like my grandmother did.
one person ?

that's proof

Old 04-27-2011, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonChick View Post
The absolute youngest people who were born during the Industrial Revolution would be 140 years old. I think it's safe to say they're all dead now. The ones who made it into the 1960's would have been around 90 years old, back in the 1960's, and probably wouldn't have given two flying figs whether their oatmeal had HFCS in it or not.

And, back to your previous post, my arguement is with your use of the word "we." You imply that "we" - meaning, people, the human race as a whole, used lard. My response to that, is untrue. MY people..the "we" that is people who kept kosher, did not use lard. And never used bacon grease and in fact allowed no pork to pass our doorways and didn't even keep pigs in the pen on our farms. Do not pretend to speak on everyone's behalf, unless you are sure that everyone would agree.
where is your logic ?

so "your people" didn't eat pork. MOST did and that is what his point is.

Old 04-27-2011, 07:25 PM

I search out B.S. on this forum (and there's a lot)

anything that this poster "Jack Kronk " writes is flawless, take heed and learn.

Old 04-27-2011, 09:00 PM

The vast majority of what he wrote in this thread may be flawlessly written (it isn't, but it may be), but the content is flawed. He implies that his way is how to be healthy. I'm saying, there are lots and lots of people who are healthy, who don't eat his way. In fact, there are entire cultures of people who are considered healthy, who don't eat his way.

I'm also saying, that the Paleo diet was appropriate and necessary during the paleolithic age. But this ain't that, and we ain't them. The world, and the human race, has evolved. For better or for worse, warts and all, we have evolved. Our nutritional needs have changed. Our technology has improved, our planet has become more toxic, as a result of our "efforts" to prolong life - which we have done successfully. And most of all of this was done without living on a paleolithic diet.

It might be a great idea for some people. But it isn't necessary, and it isn't particularly efficient, and it isn't appropriate for the majority of people who live in a world where we don't have to hunt for our supper anymore. We don't get the kind of exercise that can support that kind of diet. Our stressors are completely different than then, and that also alters our neurophysiology.

But you want to think this anonymous person on the internet is flawless, go ahead. And I'll continue to believe his idea is well-intended, but incorrect.

Old 04-27-2011, 11:16 PM

106 posts, read 235,676 times
AnonChick,

I'm providing good solutions to a major problem. In everything you wrote here, there's not a whole lot to grab onto. Nice thoughts, I suppose. You seem like a reasonably nice person. I bet many people think you are.

But all this talk about the world evolving and how times have changed and that we have new technology... you write it as if none of what I recommend considers these things. I am not a bot program that wrote those postings. I am a human man that has studied a WHOLE LOT on what are the best known and carefully observed ways to be as healthy as possible in our world today. Am I 1000% correct about everything. I dunno, but likely not. I do know this though. I seek the real truth. And flimsy mish mash aint gonna cut it.

Who cares if we don't hunt for supper anymore? I never said I did. And last I checked, when I typed the year 2011, that would indicate that I am fairly aware that I am not living in the Paleolithic era, yet for some reason, you felt the need to mention it, as if you are alerting me of this. Well, ok, thanks. Because I thought I saw a Wholly Mammoth outside and I got confused.

As for my personal choices, I will stick with what makes the most sense given all the known factors of what these highly intelligent, well researched, and well respected folks that I have supplied in my links say is best in our world today. Are they all infallible. I'd wager not. But I will take their word on things over the AHA and the FDA and the silly food pyramid. It's killing people. And if not killing, making them terribly sick and lowering their quality of life. I NEVER get sick anymore, ever. Not even a sniffle, I swear. But anyway, I am an 'anonymous person on the internet'. What do I know.

Old 04-28-2011, 07:14 AM

523 posts, read 3,280,457 times
its difficult to take anyone with an evangelical belief in any given regime seriously, especially when they make self-professed claims of infallibility and a supposed immunity to disease.

it would seem there isnt a lot new here. sensible eating, in moderation; avoidance of processed food within reason, avoidance of excessive fats, and plenty of fresh fruit and vegetables, preferably organic, all seem like good advice.

but then who didnt already know that?

Old 04-28-2011, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kronenborg View Post
its difficult to take anyone with an evangelical belief in any given regime seriously, especially when they make self-professed claims of infallibility and a supposed immunity to disease.

it would seem there isnt a lot new here. sensible eating, in moderation; avoidance of processed food within reason, avoidance of excessive fats, and plenty of fresh fruit and vegetables, preferably organic, all seem like good advice.

but then who didnt already know that?

"sensible"

"moderation'

"within reason"

"plenty"

WOW ! very scientific words that you use.

Everyone has a different idea of what these words mean is the sceme of their diet.

Most people DON'T eat right and most need to be told what and when to eat in order to be healthy and disease free.

This is evident by the ever increasing obesity and type two diabetes epidemic.

Old 04-28-2011, 09:28 AM

7,330 posts, read 12,552,149 times
People who DO try to eat right try to do it in a number of different ways. Almost none of them eat a lot of fast food or take out pizza or candy, whether they object more to the carbs, the fat, or the fact that none of that is organic. So whichever theory they follow they're likely to be healthier than the average person.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness