U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 05-02-2011, 03:24 PM

999 posts, read 679,849 times

Advertisements

My bro who also has copd is in the hospital with pnemonia

He is only 47. He is still a heavy smoker. I called him at hospital today as soon as I found out he was there and he could not even talk, much less breath.
I just seen him a few days ago, he seemed fine

It's just all bad because all his life he has abused his body with drugs and the last few years with alcohol

I and many people have tried hard to help him but I and others had to stop a lot of it because it was enabling him. Also the real fact that I just do not have the money to give. ( I never did but finally I had to say no.)

He is single no kids.

I just hope he gets better, it's just all bad

Thank you for listening
Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2011, 05:58 PM

5,933 posts, read 14,953,656 times
I am sorry you are going through this. I imagine this must be so painful and frustrating.

Old 05-04-2011, 06:36 PM

8,029 posts, read 7,867,222 times
Are they going to try and syphon the moisture from his lungs? My sister-in-law's had it done. And while she said it was very uncomfortable and wouldn't do it again, it likely prevented her situation from getting grave.

I feel your pain, as I have a brother with heart disease and I worry about him a lot. But your brother is so young. I sure hope the best for him.

Old 05-21-2011, 10:54 PM

1,961 posts, read 2,333,527 times
I had that 3 times when I was younger. It wasn't pretty.

Old 05-24-2011, 03:28 AM

806 posts, read 1,236,026 times
He is very young... I'm sorry this is hurting you so bad...

Copd with pneumonia is a tough battle. He will be on several antibiotics and respiratory meds, which could take several days for him to start feeling some relief.

I have been seeing a LOT of young people with alcohol and smoking killing them. Seems like the 70's have hurt a LOT of our loved ones. The ones who haven't stopped the party..

Visit, talk, encourage and support. Don't lecture.. Let him know you love him..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness