U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-03-2011, 02:42 PM

982 posts, read 1,400,587 times

Advertisements

At first I get these pulsating pains, once in awhile, took tylenol and they'd go away. They slowly started creeping up, was told it might be due to stress (???), but if thats the case, wouldn't everyone get them? Now its starting to persist and even going to sleep and waking up w/the same dull pian.....could it be related to an ear infection, or drainage???, also I just moved near the mountains, and its extremely smoggy out here, and windy, alot so than the city, Ive come to the conclusion I'm either going nuts and or need to see the doctor, just wanted some imput or advice???
PS, forgot to mention I do rub over it, massaging it, it does seem to help a little...but just a little..pains still there
Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2011, 03:08 PM

2,455 posts, read 5,324,266 times
If this has been persistent for some time, and the symptoms are not abating, I really would go to a doctor to talk to about this. It could be something a little bit more serious then what a Tylenol can do for you.

I am advising this as an RN. Go to your doctor.

Old 05-03-2011, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garden of Eden View Post
If this has been persistent for some time, and the symptoms are not abating, I really would go to a doctor to talk to about this. It could be something a little bit more serious then what a Tylenol can do for you.

I am advising this as an RN. Go to your doctor.
Thank you Garden of Eden, I will definitely make an appoinment w/kaiser... I didn't take it seriously and am now a little nervous, but I'm glad you told me, thanks I'll see what happens (crossing fingers/prays)

Old 05-03-2011, 05:14 PM

2,455 posts, read 5,324,266 times
Darn it, I didn't know how to tell you that yeah, I think it best you see your doctor without getting you nervous. Any pain persisting in the head that is in an unusual place, better safe then sorry. I would explain the situation to your doctor, so that you can get in as early as you can.

(((HUGS))) Good luck and please keep me in informed. No your are not nuts. And, just to be on the safe side again, don't massage it. OK? I'll be praying for you and that you can see your doctor soon.

Old 05-03-2011, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garden of Eden View Post
Darn it, I didn't know how to tell you that yeah, I think it best you see your doctor without getting you nervous. Any pain persisting in the head that is in an unusual place, better safe then sorry. I would explain the situation to your doctor, so that you can get in as early as you can.

(((HUGS))) Good luck and please keep me in informed. No your are not nuts. And, just to be on the safe side again, don't massage it. OK? I'll be praying for you and that you can see your doctor soon.
(((((Hugs)))))) right back at you!!! No no, you did not scare me, I get nervous for anything, but in this case, it was a little bit, but for the better, now I've got my appt, and will see whats going on, I'm sorry if I got or sounded wiggy, I didn't mean to scare you now...
I truly value your advice, especially since your an RN, so yes, I am grateful to you Eden!!!!

Old 05-04-2011, 12:06 PM

861 posts, read 2,319,385 times
While it is always best to go see your doctor I will tell you that any number of things can cause a headache and tension and stress is a big one.

I suffer from tension headaches and they typically start in my upper neck and move up to the back of my head and around my ears. If it's a bad one it will sometimes also make it up the side of my head to my eyes. It's not a typically headache that is pounding but feels more like pressure. If you think you are suffereing from a tension or stress headache have someone giveyou a quick neck massage. If the pain goes away almost instantly but only for a minute or two then you know what's going on.

Either way go see a doctor.

Old 05-04-2011, 01:48 PM

10,945 posts, read 19,297,829 times
It's good that you're going to the doctor.

Before you totally panic though, I get migraines that sound like what you're describing...throbbing pain in one distinct place, which tylenol doesn't help. The pain lasts up to five days, and after that I'll have a sore spot on that part of my head. I've had them behind the ear, in my cheekbone, behind my eye, etc...not just on my scalp. I know they're migraines...I've seen my doctor, and besides, I have a lot of other symptoms when I get a migraine...vertigo, light sensitivity, etc.

Old 08-15-2013, 05:58 PM

1 posts, read 44,973 times
since i was younger I have been getting this pain but that was like 10 years ago they would come and go, I would get them at least 4 times a year, know the pain has increased rapidly in this year it started with bad head aches then 6 months later pulsating pains every min or less the only time it does not hurt is when i wake up it starts right away, to the point were i cant even put on a rubber band or nothing for that matter in my hair, but even like that pain still comes and goes every 5 min or less, I am starting to worry because this is not something that a 21 year old should experience.

Old 10-08-2014, 09:23 PM

1 posts, read 30,988 times
I'm on the 6th day of painful throbbing headache on right side of head near ear. I've had an MRI AND THEY SAY THEY FOUND NOTHING UNUSUAL.migrane meds don't work, neither does ice etc. what the heck? Went back to Dr. And he seemed perplexed and basically didn't have much to say except, if it gets where you can't handle the pain, go to ER. I find this highly upsetting and not helping at all.
I was on a lot of windy conditions outside before this started. It don't know if that is a problem or not.
Please help,
Thank you,
Patti

Old 10-09-2014, 12:02 AM

38,904 posts, read 45,723,651 times
When I had similar throbbing pain in the same behind the ear area the doctor found it to be a mastoid infection. At the time, years ago, they gave me penicillin for it.

Read here all about it, then ask your ENT doctor to check for it.
Mastoiditis: Causes, Symptoms & Diagnosis
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness