Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2007, 08:27 PM

105 posts, read 603,255 times

Advertisements

Thank-you all for your input...it helps to know I'm not alone....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2007, 05:37 AM

1 posts, read 2,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graceful2 View Post
Thank-you all for your input...it helps to know I'm not alone....
Hi,

It's been a couple of a weeks since your post and I wondered how you have been feeling on the bioidentical hormones.
I am going to be starting on them next week as well and am excited to get them going.

I do know that hormone imbalance can cause major sleep disturbances so I hope you're on your way to some better nights...and better days.

Stephanie

Old 08-15-2007, 06:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewAgeRedneck View Post
Graceful2

Here is an article (http://www.masteringeft.com/EFT1MinuteNews/June-17-07/UnusualApplicationofEFTforProblemsofGettingtoSleep .html - broken link) about using a simple self help technique called Emotional Freedom Technique ( EFT ), written by one of the leading EFT practitioners. I have used it successfully on several occassions.

I hope it helps....Franco
Franco:

Thank-you for suggesting this article. There are no coincidences....I went to see an Energy Healer last week who introduced me to EFT. I have been using it but not in the way it has been suggested in the article. I am definitely going to explore it more.

Thank-you again....

Old 08-15-2007, 06:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepers View Post
Hi,

It's been a couple of a weeks since your post and I wondered how you have been feeling on the bioidentical hormones.
I am going to be starting on them next week as well and am excited to get them going.

I do know that hormone imbalance can cause major sleep disturbances so I hope you're on your way to some better nights...and better days.

Stephanie
I've been on the hormones for 2 weeks and I think it may be too soon to tell. I am also on lot's of other supplements. Let's just say I feel about 80% better than I did. Not sure it's all hormone related but I think I needed it all. If you are interested, I would check-out Suzanne Somer's book "Ageless". She talks all about it in there and she totally inspired me in the things I've been doing. She told my story over and over again in her book.

Old 08-15-2007, 07:48 AM

7,841 posts, read 18,994,804 times
Graceful2 wrote:
Franco:
Thank-you for suggesting this article. There are no coincidences....I went to see an Energy Healer last week who introduced me to EFT. I have been using it but not in the way it has been suggested in the article. I am definitely going to explore it more.

Thank-you again....
I'm wondering if you've taken the time to go thru the EFT protocol outlined in the article, and what kind of effect it had for you. I hope it was helpful.

blessings....Franco

Old 08-28-2007, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewAgeRedneck View Post
Graceful2 wrote:
Franco:

Thank-you again....
I'm wondering if you've taken the time to go thru the EFT protocol outlined in the article, and what kind of effect it had for you. I hope it was helpful.

blessings....Franco
Franco:

I notice when I do a lot of EFT before bedtime I do not have a great night sleep. A few weeks ago I did what the article suggested and I did not have a good night sleep. It actually made me extremely groggy to the point I could not function. Now last night I tried some techniques that I found on tapping.com and I do not feel so hot today. I know there is a full moon and I do tend to be affected at times so maybe that might be all it is. I figured I would let you know since you did ask.

Graceful

Old 08-30-2007, 09:55 AM

292 posts, read 933,916 times
Wink Simple and cheap!

I had learned from the Fat Flush plan that many people are deficient in Magnesium. That this deficiency could lead to sleeplessness. I had been suffering with insomnia for quite sometime before I read that. I think due to menopause and also a hormonal imbalance. Ran to Walmart and bought the little ol bottle of Magnesium for under $3.00. Took me a few nights to get the right dosage but when I did...ZZZZZZZZZ!!! No more insomnia!!! The ones I bought were 250 mgs I think. I started taking two at bed time and got up to 5. I then was able to back down to three of them once I was sleeping at night.
It's worth a try!!! I think your supposed to get the one with zinc.
Hope this helps someone!

Old 02-12-2009, 05:49 PM

1 posts, read 2,519 times
Default Wake up 10 times a night...

but I usually fall right back to sleep each time (within 5 minutes). I don't know why this happens. I'm 60 and want to sleep through the night. I had a sinus infection a few months ago and was on a high powered antibiotic and cortisone and there were 2 days when I was taking 20 mg. of cortisone that I slept right through the night -- something I haven't done in years. That leads me to believe it's some kind of problem related to whatever cortisone affects (I'm not a doctor so I really don't know what I'm talking about).

I just had some bloodwork for my physical that's due in a few weeks and I discussed this anomalie with my doctor. I hope she can come up with some ideas.

It's really strange because, unless I have a problem or something, I do fall right back to sleep.

Old 02-12-2009, 10:19 PM

6,266 posts, read 19,163,378 times
I've been having problems falling asleep for about 3 weeks now. I was surprised to read on this thread that someone takes Xanax for sleep
I take Xanax for anxiety but it never makes me sleepy.
In the past I've tried Lunesta,and other sleep meds to no avail. They do nothing.
Makes no difference if I'm sad,happy,stressed or not--just can't fall asleep until almost daylight and then only to pure exhaustion.

Old 02-13-2009, 06:14 PM

1,495 posts, read 5,045,513 times
I've also used 5mg melatonin and "sleepy time tea" usually does the trick
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness