U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 06-30-2011, 01:13 AM

2,739 posts, read 3,568,985 times

Advertisements

Please take a look at the pic. Obviously, its in a real bad spot. It looks like a have a black eye or something. I started to notice something on 6/20 and it really started to show on 6/24. It seemed like it was starting to go away yesterday but today is the worst day.

It doesn't hurt nor bugs my eye but I'm getting nervous. I thought it was a mosquito bite but now I'm thinking it could be a spider bite. I hasn't itched once so I'm perplexed. I'm gonna see how it looks tomorrow and if nothing changes, I'm gonna go to the doctors Friday...earliest I can go.

Just wanted to get some opinions before I spend 25 bucks for the copay and the doctor looks at it for 15 seconds and tells me, "its a mosquito bite."

Edit: I also think it could possibly be a broken or popped blood vessel. I have bad sinuses but I haven't had anything serious nor anything like this before.
Attached Thumbnails
Does this look like a Bug Bite?-0629225656.jpg  
Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2011, 01:32 AM

717 posts, read 726,228 times
defiantly doesn't look like a bug bite to me, looks more like some kind of rash or bruise

Old 06-30-2011, 07:16 AM

16,472 posts, read 31,224,125 times
My son just had an infected blocked pore on his upper eyelid. Looked a lot like that. He got sent to an opthalmologist to get it lanced, drained, and stitched. Since yours is not on your eyelid your regular doctor should be able to handle it.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.

Old 06-30-2011, 07:29 AM

4,179 posts, read 5,751,495 times
It does not look like a bug bite.
Especially does not look like a spider bite.
A popped blood vessel would have diminished over the given time frame, not grown or risen, in my experience.
Most things take care of themselves over time. Most. Others, that grow over time, should be a concern.
I had a "blister" on my face that I could not explain; it got larger and larger and suddenly - wham - it was an open sore. It turned out to be a lupus lesion. Until it developed, though, no one could tell me what it was... then everyone knew. Another friend had a 'pimple' on his nose that did not hurt or itch, just would not go away - it turned out to be melanoma. Not saying that is what your picture indicates at all - but it should be something you get looked at, as it might - MIGHT - indicate an underlying problem.

Old 06-30-2011, 10:06 AM

9,717 posts, read 6,979,258 times
Looks just like my moms eye when she's been bit by a no-see-um...only her whole side of the face swells up....if it's not bothering you, and other than the discoloration it feels fine, I wouldn't waste my money on a doctor.....course, that's just my opinion.

Old 06-30-2011, 10:22 AM

1,460 posts, read 922,568 times
Have you recently angered your significant other. Maybe the significant other got revenge while you slept

Actually you can do that to yourself in your sleep, not punch yourself, but roll over in your sleep onto your hand. The bone lip around your eye socket is razor sharp, breaking or cutting a blood vessel is very easy to do. It does not look like a bug bite to me anyway.

Old 07-02-2011, 04:24 PM

7,685 posts, read 8,994,143 times
Could it be a clogged tear duct? Looks like the place you would notice it and seems that would explain why it's gotten worse and doesn't itch. Spider bites usually react immediately.

Old 08-25-2011, 11:50 PM

1 posts, read 8,276 times
Dub D. What did the Dr. say it was and how did they treat it? Did it get worse before it got better from when this photo was taken? My granddaughter has something very similar. First thought it was a mosquito bite. Does not itch and it is getting bigger. Her Dr. said it was not ringworm and did not say what it was, but gave her a steroid shot. Seems like that is their solution with many of her ailments.

Old 06-27-2013, 08:12 PM

1 posts, read 4,429 times
Default follow up

So did you go to the Dr. Whet was the prognosis? My daughter has the exact samething. We also thought it was a mosquito bite,but it has taken the same path as yours. And now looks like popped blood vessels.

Old 06-27-2013, 08:28 PM

28,507 posts, read 21,629,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetgal78 View Post
So did you go to the Dr. Whet was the prognosis? My daughter has the exact samething. We also thought it was a mosquito bite,but it has taken the same path as yours. And now looks like popped blood vessels.
You should probably DM the OP since this thread has had no answer or activity for 2 years.

Have you been checked for skin eczema,

Last edited by wit-nit; 06-27-2013 at 08:37 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness