U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Closed Thread Start New Thread

Unread 07-08-2011, 06:48 AM

25,916 posts, read 19,003,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by onwardandupward View Post
But could this have anything to do with the peddling of junk food to children? Of course not, says the GOP, who is resisting even VOLUNTARY guidelines to limit the marketing of junk food to kids:

GOP sides with foes of bid to limit youth food ads
That's because it's a parent's job to raise a kid. Not Madison Avenue's.

Unread 07-08-2011, 07:13 AM

10,234 posts, read 5,904,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by onwardandupward View Post
But could this have anything to do with the peddling of junk food to children? Of course not, says the GOP, who is resisting even VOLUNTARY guidelines to limit the marketing of junk food to kids:

GOP sides with foes of bid to limit youth food ads
They have been peddling junk food to youth for a couple of generations. Remember when everyone drank whole milk? Eat huge candy bars that make today's candy bars look tiny?

Food is NOT a problem if you are active. People have changed and are much lazier now. People can't eat as much if they are going to sit in front of a computer all the time. Lifestyle changed much more than food is getting worse. I think there are way more light options on all menus now than when I was a kid. Most people ate pancakes, bacon and all kinds of things all the time just 30 years ago. People aren't nearly as active now because of media. Therefore, they need to eat much less or stop sitting in front of the computer.

Fat people are to blame, not food industry. Get out and move around and eat like you used to, but stop blaming food industries for your own laziness!

Unread 07-08-2011, 09:27 AM

43,862 posts, read 23,790,991 times
I don't know why everyone is so obsessed about what other people weigh. I have lots of chunky friends. They are just people who wear a bigger size....not freaks.

Unread 07-08-2011, 10:05 AM

1,699 posts, read 1,234,353 times
Intelligence, and the abilities required for Foresight and Planning, are largely heritable.

As the intelligent and capable reproduce at below Replacement Level, while the unintelligent and feckless reproduce at levels far exceeding Replacement, our nation is dumbing-down. To make the situation worse, low-IQ people are deliberately being brought into the country, to swamp and eventually replace America's Founding Stock.

Controlling one's weight, in the presence of abundant (and frequently inappropriate) food, requires intelligence and planning.

The people I see who are obese generally are from low-IQ groups. Or they were raised by maids from those groups (the maids pass on their problematic lifestyle and diet patterns). Or they were bullied by members of those groups (stress from bullying frequently causes weight problems...and can happen as early as Pre-K).

And now, we have a whole generation of boys who cannot participate in sports, or even PE, because of the psychopathic behaviors of the Low-IQ groups.

Another something of which I, as a Native American, am keenly aware, is that the standard American Diet is an outgrowth of the traditional diet and food-producing ways of people of Northwest European descent. Their bodies handle Simple Carbohydrates far better than ours do. They are Lactose Tolerant. They have more efficient Brain Metabolism...and probably a host of other advantages which are only now being discovered (or the knowledge of which is actively being censored, because such knowledge does not fit the ever-so-Orwellian Approved Marxist Narrative enforced in Academia).

I'm smart enough to know that I can't eat like a White Person. Unfortunately, America is filling up with people who lack the intelligence to figure that out, or to understand it when someone explains it to them. They want that 2-Liter bottle of Peach-flavored Sugar Water. And they are gonna have the Sugar-coated Frankenkrap Cereal, and the deep-fried EVERYTHING....and cannot comprehend the sequence .... eat & drink garbage.... become obese....get hooked-up to the Dialysis Machine.... die in some institution, while greedy doctors amputate your arms and legs to generate revenue so that they may buy $3,000.00 Prom Gowns and $300,000.00 weddings for their little princess daughters.

Unread 07-08-2011, 12:49 PM

18,428 posts, read 12,531,370 times
LOL, so far I've seem this thread jump from the Pittsburgh forum to Other Topics and now to this forum. If we all moved around as much as this thread did, obesity wouldn't be such a problem.

Unread 07-08-2011, 02:08 PM

1,021 posts, read 1,979,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caladium View Post
LOL, so far I've seem this thread jump from the Pittsburgh forum to Other Topics and now to this forum. If we all moved around as much as this thread did, obesity wouldn't be such a problem.
love it! And so true

Unread 07-08-2011, 03:26 PM

15,700 posts, read 25,708,920 times
Since it really isn't a H&W topic, it is closed. Start one again in P&OC, Parenting, wherever you think it fits.

Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $74,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness