U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2007, 04:29 PM

7,268 posts, read 16,826,676 times

Advertisements

I have blurred vision sometimes due to I have dry eyes so I use the systane eyedrops and then I use the gel in my eyes at night.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2007, 04:44 PM

3,574 posts, read 12,824,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiek View Post
I am glad that the eye drops worked. you have a typical "dry eye" a very common condition. the good thing about artificial tears is that you can use them as often as you need, without any adverse reactions.

BUT- you still need an eye exam.

Forget the vitamins, and go see an optometrist.
Ophthalmologist would be better. ASAP before your insurance deductable changes at the end of the year!

Old 12-04-2007, 06:33 PM

Location: Lots of sun and palm trees with occasional hurricane :)
8,292 posts, read 14,560,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mm_mary73 View Post
Ophthalmologist would be better. ASAP before your insurance deductable changes at the end of the year!
Absolutely. Ophthalmologist.

MM..you get hugs from me. You got the spelling right!

Old 12-04-2007, 06:42 PM

436 posts, read 572,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mm_mary73 View Post

A lot of times, the optometrist can be a first line defense for these disorders. I would see him first. If necessary, he will refer to an ophthalmologist.

Old 12-04-2007, 06:55 PM

Location: Lots of sun and palm trees with occasional hurricane :)
8,292 posts, read 14,560,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiek View Post
A lot of times, the optometrist can be a first line defense for these disorders. I would see him first. If necessary, he will refer to an ophthalmologist.
Optometrists are first line for routine eye care. Your run of the mill glasses prescription. Not all are good at diagnosing anything and some may even scare the daylights out of you because they don't know enough to know when to keep quiet.

If you know that you have dry eyes- go to the ophthalmologist.

It may be that your insurance too works through a "network" of ophthalmologists, and you have to be referred by the network optometrist. If that's the case, you're stuck.

And if the optom doesn't want to refer you, I would just raise hell.

Old 12-04-2007, 08:33 PM

2,493 posts, read 3,047,734 times
> Blurry vision in one eye

This happened to me once when one of the lenses (the right one) fell out of my glasses. Took me a while to figure out what was going on...got the lens replaced and everything was okay again.

Old 12-04-2007, 11:06 PM

12,620 posts, read 17,665,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by osaid View Post
HI Arctic Kitten,
I am an eye doctor in the Raleigh NC area, Your could be experiencing a number of things , such as dry eye syndrome (can sometimes affect one eye more than the other) , you could also have an ocular muscle imbalance, in that case, the vision may be 20/20 ,but one eye may become more fatigued than the other and that could cause some blurriness. It could also be more serious, such as a cataract, glaucoma or a retinal problem ... best to get it checked out :-)
Yes, Thank you for your input!

Old 12-04-2007, 11:07 PM

12,620 posts, read 17,665,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenMachine View Post

This happened to me once when one of the lenses (the right one) fell out of my glasses. Took me a while to figure out what was going on...got the lens replaced and everything was okay again.
Oh Greenmachine that is too damn funny! LOL

Old 12-05-2007, 06:25 PM

3,574 posts, read 12,824,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenMachine View Post

Too funny - but imagine going to the ER and having them ask about the missing lens! ROTFL

Old 12-09-2007, 06:14 PM

1,727 posts, read 1,349,005 times
Oh fiddlekitten,

I would provide input, but I have little of the "not scary" variety. I mean, it probably is nothing, but when your eyes are at stake, we would all hate to be the one to say "don't worry about it!"

Anyhow, my eye problems started with my right eye suddenly blurring, like water being thrown against glass. Then (in the hours that followed) I had bleeding in my retina and (months later) was found to have a rare pre-glaucoma condition. My father had a retinal detachment in his 40s, but again, this isn't even related to my serious retinal conditions.

Incidentally, my father was the one who said to me "you nincompoop, get to a doctor!"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness