Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2019, 01:23 AM

1 posts, read 345 times

Advertisements

I had open heart surgery on March 18 in Boston tops medical center I’m healing fantastically no pain and that was a big surgery I have this pacemaker put in this said it was local so I said OK all of a sudden the needle goes into my heart excruciating pain I was wondering why they put me in restraints before they started I thought it wasn’t going to hurt like they said with local then he was pushing on my skin down to the bone I couldn’t take the pain anymore so they put me under I woke up the show that was painful the shoulder has been painful and it’s not getting better it seems like it’s getting worse I had the surgery on Wednesday this past March 28 today it’s March 31 I have a little pains in my heart and pain in my shoulder I think they went through my muscle in the crease to where my arm is to my armpit this surgery is 10 times worse than my open heart surgery for pain that doesn’t sound right to me has anyone else experienced this
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2019, 01:37 PM

2 posts, read 508 times
I am 3 month post surgery am very limited with shoulder and arm. Still very much pain. Cardio doctor shuts me down every time bring up. They have stop my home physical therapy because can not help any more. Cannot raise arm all way. Hurts to hang down. Hurts raise arm any direction, cannot rotate all. Hurts move elbow and wrist any direction through to shoulder then neck. Can’t sleep on left side, can’t sleep night because pain.

Old 05-20-2019, 01:41 PM

2 posts, read 508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasilla View Post
I had open heart surgery on March 18 in Boston tops medical center I’m healing fantastically no pain and that was a big surgery I have this pacemaker put in this said it was local so I said OK all of a sudden the needle goes into my heart excruciating pain I was wondering why they put me in restraints before they started I thought it wasn’t going to hurt like they said with local then he was pushing on my skin down to the bone I couldn’t take the pain anymore so they put me under I woke up the show that was painful the shoulder has been painful and it’s not getting better it seems like it’s getting worse I had the surgery on Wednesday this past March 28 today it’s March 31 I have a little pains in my heart and pain in my shoulder I think they went through my muscle in the crease to where my arm is to my armpit this surgery is 10 times worse than my open heart surgery for pain that doesn’t sound right to me has anyone else experienced this
I am deal with pain shoulder and arm from pacemaker surgery Feb. 15. It’s at crease arm, just post about.

Old 05-22-2019, 04:11 PM

17,569 posts, read 13,344,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikos View Post
My wife had a pacemaker put in 6/9/07. From right after the surgery, her arm is in intese pain when she moves it certain ways or holds it in certain position. This has not left and seems to be worse. She is limited in what she can do as she cannot put much strain on the arm. It pains between the elbow and shoulder. She cannot move her arm straign out even a matter of 2-3 inches as it causes intense pain. She had tried to move it some in an effort to exercise it but nothing works. She now uses tylonol to be able to sleep. What should we do? Our cardiololgist is 100 miles away and hard to get to. Is this something serious or will it eventually leave? Thanks for you help.
We are not your wife's doctors. How can we know what's going on.

If it were my wife, I'd have called her cardiologist and, if needed, driven the 100 miles as many time as it took to correct the issue.

But, that's me

And this is a 15 year old thread!

Old 05-22-2019, 05:40 PM

14,944 posts, read 12,136,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1003 View Post
We are not your wife's doctors. How can we know what's going on.

If it were my wife, I'd have called her cardiologist and, if needed, driven the 100 miles as many time as it took to correct the issue.

But, that's me

And this is a 15 year old thread!
Let's hope the OP's wife has resolved her issues with her pacemaker by now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness