Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-08-2011, 09:20 PM

1,050 posts, read 3,519,825 times

Advertisements

My granddaughter is 7 and from the time that she was an infant, she had ear infections. She had tubes put just after she was a year old. Seemed better, for awhile and then had the infections off and on. Just last month, they took out the adenoids, and inserted tubes again.
I was with her this past weekend, and I noticed as she was going down the stairs, she seemed to lose her balance a little. She always is very careful about the stairs...she walks as a young child would....one foot on step, two feet, then on to the next. She has become fearful of going on the boat, and jumping in the water. She has had hearing loss, and is very inatentive.

Anyone had experience with this type of situation?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2011, 12:58 AM

950 posts, read 3,184,768 times
What type of hearing loss does your granddaughter have?

Many people with hearing loss, including myself have balance problems. I really doubt it is vertigo.

Deafness and Balance Problems

Old 08-09-2011, 05:34 AM

1,050 posts, read 3,519,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian View Post
What type of hearing loss does your granddaughter have?

Many people with hearing loss, including myself have balance problems. I really doubt it is vertigo.

Deafness and Balance Problems

All I know is that she has SOME hearing loss, due to the ear infections. When I bring up any health issue with my son, he really doesn't want to discusss it much. I suggested that the next time she goes in to the doctor, that they ask about it. That is all this grandma can do.

Old 08-11-2011, 05:38 PM

3,373 posts, read 9,181,722 times
Is she taking antibiotics?

Old 08-15-2011, 08:44 AM

2,028 posts, read 5,416,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jude1948 View Post
My granddaughter is 7 and from the time that she was an infant, she had ear infections. She had tubes put just after she was a year old. Seemed better, for awhile and then had the infections off and on. Just last month, they took out the adenoids, and inserted tubes again.
I was with her this past weekend, and I noticed as she was going down the stairs, she seemed to lose her balance a little. She always is very careful about the stairs...she walks as a young child would....one foot on step, two feet, then on to the next. She has become fearful of going on the boat, and jumping in the water. She has had hearing loss, and is very inatentive.

Anyone had experience with this type of situation?
Is this something new ? I mean was her balance better just after they reinserted her tubes last month?
Could be that her tubes are blocked although thought she would complain of pain if they were.
Am assuming she's looked after by a pediatric ENT surgeon?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness