U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
 
Old 10-06-2011, 04:55 AM
 
67 posts, read 137,339 times
Reputation: 48
Default Dry and stuffy nose

Hi,

Maybe someone has a good advice for me. Very often I have a dry stuffy nose which makes it hard to breathe throught the nostrils. It feels as if the nostrils are blocked, but it's not possible to clear it by snorting it out. I use nasal cleanse for a few days now, but don't see any improvements. I also take anti-allergy medicine. Does anyone know what else to do to get a clear nose which is not related to cold?

Thank you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 10-06-2011, 06:37 AM
 
63 posts, read 82,905 times
Reputation: 75
You may want to look into a product called Alkolol. This was recomended to me by my ENT Dr. and I use it regularly.

Alkalol - a nasal wash made of herbal extracts
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-06-2011, 04:53 PM
 
Location: in your dreams
8,869 posts, read 6,177,544 times
Reputation: 11151
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryMB View Post
You may want to look into a product called Alkolol. This was recomended to me by my ENT Dr. and I use it regularly.

Alkalol - a nasal wash made of herbal extracts
Wow, this looks pretty neat. Says you can use it as an oral rinse as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-06-2011, 08:28 PM
 
575 posts, read 145,133 times
Reputation: 443
Quote:
Originally Posted by D217 View Post
Wow, this looks pretty neat. Says you can use it as an oral rinse as well.
Your sinuses are inflammed. Maybe you live in a dry climate as well or use the ac a lot? Ocean is great for these situations. It moisturizes your sinuses. I have this problem in the winter because it is so dry especially with the heat on. A humidifier works well at these times.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-06-2011, 10:47 PM
 
Location: in your dreams
8,869 posts, read 6,177,544 times
Reputation: 11151
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbekity View Post
Your sinuses are inflammed. Maybe you live in a dry climate as well or use the ac a lot? Ocean is great for these situations. It moisturizes your sinuses. I have this problem in the winter because it is so dry especially with the heat on. A humidifier works well at these times.

Actually mine aren't so bad since I started taking Zyrtec...

I live in NC which is hardly dry a climate!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-07-2011, 11:35 AM
 
Location: Newport, Rhode Island
666 posts, read 857,410 times
Reputation: 496
Quote:
Originally Posted by AntiHero View Post
Hi,

Maybe someone has a good advice for me. Very often I have a dry stuffy nose which makes it hard to breathe throught the nostrils. It feels as if the nostrils are blocked, but it's not possible to clear it by snorting it out. I use nasal cleanse for a few days now, but don't see any improvements. I also take anti-allergy medicine. Does anyone know what else to do to get a clear nose which is not related to cold?

Thank you
drink a lot more water. it's the best antihistamine around
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top