U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-24-2014, 03:44 PM

1,144 posts, read 1,339,746 times

Advertisements

Sounds like endometriosis to me.

Endometriosis symptoms - a breakdown of all the signs and symptoms
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2016, 09:41 PM

1 posts, read 575 times
Omg finally someone else who is having the same problem! I have had mine for almost 5 months now. No cramps or anything!

Old 03-10-2016, 10:01 PM

21,706 posts, read 26,406,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddiegoff97 View Post
Omg finally someone else who is having the same problem! I have had mine for almost 5 months now. No cramps or anything!
See a gynecologist.

Old 03-11-2016, 06:04 AM

10,895 posts, read 19,105,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddiegoff97 View Post
I posted in this thread a few years back, didn't know what the cause of my period lasting so long was then.

I found out a couple of years ago because I bled so much that I hemorrhaged and I had to go to the hospital and have a transfusion. While I was there, they did a biopsy and said that I had precancerous growths in the lining of my uterus. Taking meds for a couple of months cleared up the problem and my period has been heavy since then but only lasts a week at a time.

I'm actually glad that I reached a crisis point and had to go to the hospital...my gynecologist said a lot of times women with the problem that I had ignore it until it's too late and it's turned into cancer and spread to other parts of the body.

So please don't ignore your problem or think that because it's happened to other people, it's nothing to worry about. Go see a gynecologist, let her tell you if it's nothing to worry about. And take care of yourself!

Old 12-18-2017, 01:24 PM

1 posts, read 332 times
I've been on my period for 4 months straight too. Bleeding with a flow and spoting. I'm on birth control. I'm not able to go to a Dr. Because I don't have insurance

Old 01-10-2018, 02:29 PM

1 posts, read 275 times
I also have been bleeding going on 4 months now i am concerned but dont have a doctor to go to what can i do

Old 01-11-2018, 02:34 PM

4,498 posts, read 1,693,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nibeenibee View Post
I also have been bleeding going on 4 months now i am concerned but dont have a doctor to go to what can i do
Do you mean you don't live near a doctor or that you can't go to one because you don't have insurance?

Check with your public health office. Are you in school? Maybe ask your school nurse for help finding a doctor. They may know of a women's health clinic that offers lower cost services. If you read the thread, you should realize that this is not normal and needs to be checked out.

Old 01-12-2018, 01:48 AM

1,688 posts, read 719,293 times
An ultrasound will show what's going on.
A uterus biopsy is another.

The OB can clue you in. It could be fibroid tumors. Those aren't cancerous and can be controlled with birth control pills. Do your research but yes, like everyone else said, go to your doctor. Having a mild flow is one thing. Having bright red clots or bright red flow is something else. Take your concerns to the doctor. This is not normal.

Old 01-12-2018, 06:41 AM

8,333 posts, read 17,828,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savannah2000 View Post
I've been on my period for 4 months straight too. Bleeding with a flow and spoting. I'm on birth control. I'm not able to go to a Dr. Because I don't have insurance
You're able to go to the dr...not having insurance doesn't mean you can't see a dr. I'll never understand this logic...people would rather die of cancer/disease before taking money of their pocket to see dr.

Old 01-12-2018, 06:53 PM

667 posts, read 240,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim in FL View Post
You're able to go to the dr...not having insurance doesn't mean you can't see a dr. I'll never understand this logic...people would rather die of cancer/disease before taking money of their pocket to see dr.
Do you have insurance and a potentially chronic/serious medical problem that needs to be treated? Just curious.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness