Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2012, 07:16 AM

13,721 posts, read 19,254,280 times

Advertisements

My daughter has had bleeding like that. Went to gynecologist and birth control pills help sometimes, sometimes not. She's been switched around on different BCPs and one will work for a while, then they will need to switch. She hasn't been diagnosed with polycystic ovarian syndrome, but I mention it because I know that can be a cause of prolonged bleeding. You need to go to a gynecologist and have your hormone levels checked. Could be cervical bleeding too instead of uterine, although if it's like a period it's most likely uterine bleeding.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2013, 05:26 PM

3 posts, read 5,610 times
I'm having the same as you went to the obgyn 3 times already, told me I have PCOD or polycystic ovary syndrome. m still on my period as well I've had it since January!!! I'm sick of this!! Doc put me on low-ogestrel birth control pills. I'm taking 3 pills a day when the normal women's only taking one pill a day...idk been 2, 2 doctors had an ultrasound for everthing.I have cysts on my ovaries. Told me I have that PCOS that was it. Put me on birth control to stop my period but its not really working either cuz once I don't take up to 3 to 4 pills a day I Dont stop bleeding!!! So, if I'm on birth control I can't have kids@! So. Idk either going to another doc so they can tell me I'm crazy agian, cuz they don't know what wrong with me!! I'm married and this is taking a toll on my relationship!!! No being able to have sec or not enjoy it sucks!! Hood luck sweety. We both need it...

Old 04-22-2013, 08:35 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,030,943 times
When I was 17, I got a period that lasted 6 weeks. I went to the gynecologist. She sent me for an ultrasound. I had an ovarian cyst the size of a softball. She did surgery and removed the cyst and did an ovarian wedge resection.

The wedge resection treats the PCOD via making the ovaries release more normal hormones. They don't do ovarian wedge resections these days. I hear it's called ovarian drilling---where they drill holes into the ovaries instead. I'm sorry to hear that the norm is to tell you to deal with it these days. Maybe surgery is a last resort after the pills are taken for an extended length of time.

Chelsey, the doctors do know what's wrong with you. It's important that you understand that it will be difficult to get pregnant with PCOD. Not impossible but very difficult. Just trying to warn you that getting off the birth control pills and trying to get pregnant will probably be a future of some disappointment for you.

Old 04-22-2013, 08:47 PM

16,488 posts, read 24,476,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreasuredJewel View Post
I feel the same as usual and there is always spotting and flow mostly everyday. The Dr. said I was fine and it should go away but it hasn't.
You need a new doctor, that is not normal. You should get blood work to make sure you are not anemic, but you mostly need to be checked by a OB/GYN.

Old 04-23-2013, 12:04 AM

Hopes, I just don't want to take birth control...I want a baby..but if o don't take it o bleed . Maybe I should Judy give up on having a baby, thanks for the harsh advice. Every woman is different. My sister on-law was told by her doctor that she would never have kids, but they just had a beautiful baby girl in December so it is possible. The lord has a plan for all of us...

Old 04-23-2013, 12:06 AM

Sorry for the spelling, lol its my phone, dang auto correct

Old 04-23-2013, 12:25 AM

37,135 posts, read 42,203,740 times
I know this thread is old but since it was resurrected I'll chime in. Not 4 months but 30+ days a couple times when I was getting close to menopause. It's not unusual from what I've heard and there are ways to treat it with a procedure called endometrial ablation. A friend of mine who was years away from menopause had that done with great success.

Old 04-23-2013, 12:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
I know this thread is old but since it was resurrected I'll chime in. Not 4 months but 30+ days a couple times when I was getting close to menopause. It's not unusual from what I've heard and there are ways to treat it with a procedure called endometrial ablation. A friend of mine who was years away from menopause had that done with great success.
An ablation is great for women who don't want to have any more children.

Old 04-23-2013, 12:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chelsey2you View Post
Hopes, I just don't want to take birth control...I want a baby..but if o don't take it o bleed . Maybe I should Judy give up on having a baby, thanks for the harsh advice. Every woman is different. My sister on-law was told by her doctor that she would never have kids, but they just had a beautiful baby girl in December so it is possible. The lord has a plan for all of us...
I had a baby too, but it was 15 years before I had one. I'm just warning you that getting off the birth control isn't going to produce a baby for you in the near future. I'm sure you have high hopes. Maybe the Lord's plan for you is a difficult road. Clearly it's not going to happen in the immediate future because you have this bleeding problem. But I assure you the doctors know what's wrong with you. That's why they have you on the birth control pills. You can't have it all right now. You have to be patient and work with your doctors towards resolving this first. And if your marriage is having trouble right now, the last thing you should be thinking about is having a baby.

Old 04-23-2013, 05:25 AM

13,250 posts, read 42,776,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brokencrayola View Post
You need a new doctor, that is not normal. You should get blood work to make sure you are not anemic, but you mostly need to be checked by a OB/GYN.
The OP hasn't been a member for around a year - and she started this thread in November 2011. Her posts and threads were known by many members - she was morbidly obese and made a lot of excuses, and rejected any and all advice on how to improve her health, even when it was asked.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness