U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2011, 07:17 PM

1,068 posts, read 1,452,962 times

Advertisements

Anyone else have this? No I am not pregnant or anything.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2011, 07:23 PM

2,190 posts, read 5,714,543 times
Do you mean that you have not had your period for 4+ months?
Or have you been bleeding for over 4 months?

Old 10-07-2011, 07:25 PM

575 posts, read 845,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreasuredJewel View Post
Anyone else have this? No I am not pregnant or anything.
I don't know why you wouldn't have gone to see your Dr. after the second week or the ER? Of course it isn't normal and by this point if you really have had your period for a straight four months, you would have a serious case of enemia and fatique or worse.

Old 10-07-2011, 07:30 PM

1,603 posts, read 3,512,094 times
4+ months of your period, non-stop? Sounds dangerous no ?? Are you taking iron pills ? Are you fatigued, dizzy, and weak ??

Not normal. Go to an OBGYN and ASAP to check it out ...

Old 10-07-2011, 07:31 PM

I feel the same as usual and there is always spotting and flow mostly everyday. The Dr. said I was fine and it should go away but it hasn't.

Old 10-07-2011, 07:35 PM

1,603 posts, read 3,512,094 times
Did you have some type of procedure, or are you on the pill ?? 4 months straight for no reason is odd to me ... I could see if you were under-weight, worked out a lot, and didn't get it for 4 months ... but the other way around, I'd be nervous.

I'd take Slow-Fe Iron Pills, one a day. They're over-the-counter, and good for women. I'd also get a 2nd opinion. Really.

isn't that annoying ?? I used to get my period every 15 days for 4-5 days straight, and I had to have surgery for "Endometriosis". I thought every 15 days was too much ... I can't imagine 4 months straight ... Ugh !!!

Old 10-07-2011, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImCurlybelle View Post
4+ months of your period, non-stop? Sounds dangerous no ?? Are you taking iron pills ? Are you fatigued, dizzy, and weak ??

Not normal. Go to an OBGYN and ASAP to check it out ...
All this started in late May and has been happening until now. Somedays there is no bleeding then other(most) days there is flow or very light spotting. I don't know whats wrong with me. And it is an annoying problem and I am tired of it. I have no usual period symptoms like cramps bloating etc., This has never happened to me before

and no I dont take iron pills and I am not on birth control, no recent procedure done on me either.

I will just have to go back and tell her its not going away.

Old 10-07-2011, 09:01 PM

861 posts, read 850,429 times
No that's not normal, because 4 months on your period indicates a health problem....you should probably see another doctor

Old 10-07-2011, 09:23 PM

2,540 posts, read 3,291,774 times
did you have any tests done? You should really get an ultrasound - it could be a polyp, a fibroid, cyst, endometriosis, some kind of uterine or cervical infection...it's most likely nothing too serious and these things are generally treatable, but if they are not treated it could lead to some very serious problems including infertility. Please get checked out, see another dr if yours is not treating you.

Old 10-07-2011, 11:43 PM

575 posts, read 845,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilCookie View Post
did you have any tests done? You should really get an ultrasound - it could be a polyp, a fibroid, cyst, endometriosis, some kind of uterine or cervical infection...it's most likely nothing too serious and these things are generally treatable, but if they are not treated it could lead to some very serious problems including infertility. Please get checked out, see another dr if yours is not treating you.
Hope you went to an OBGYN. If so....go to another one and hopefully they will do an internal ultrasound and maybe an MRI. Go...now!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness