U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2011, 02:46 PM

45,270 posts, read 86,069,162 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivanabacowboy View Post
I am a Tempurpedic convert. It is the best sleep I have ever gotten. I will never go back to a regular mattress. And the Tempurpedic pillows are divine. I am a side sleeper. I got the Cloud version. Some of the others were a lot softer which was too soft for me. I used to ache in the morning especially my back. I remember going about my morning after getting the Tempurpedic and had a bolt of lightening moment that there was no morning ache anymore. I think mine was around the $2k mark. Worth every penny.

I recently took a ten day trip and couldnt wait to get home and sleep in my bed. I felt every one of those ten nights on a regular mattress in my back aching.

Now I am wishing I had done the Tempurpedic adjustable like hospital bed frame with my mattress because it is so comfy everytime I go horizontal I am out like a light lol. I just went with the low profile Tempurpedic box base.

UPDATE - I am now a Temperpedic convert myself!

I want to tell anyone who is going through what I was going through what incredible relief you can find with the right Temperpedic!!

I have been sleeping on my "Temper Cloud Luxe" for 10 days now and I could not be more ecstatic about the way I feel.

They tell you in the store to give it 30 days, but I only needed 2 before I started seeing amazing results.

Simply put - I haven't slept straight through the night like this and woken up without a single ache or pain in years. And I am NOT an older person, though I was sure feeling like a senior citizen prior to this bed purchase.

The great news is, my husband loves his mattress too. He got the firmest Temperpedic, I got the softest.

The really neat thing is, Temperpedic has box springs of different heights, so you can get the thicker softer mattress, put it on a slimmer boxspring,and have your side of the bed be the same height as the slimmer, firmer mattress your partner might prefer on his side of the bed.

Even more awesome, since the foam tops fit so snug next to each other in the middle, you can meet in the middle of the bed without feeling like you are laying in a crack or on a hard cord like a traditional mattress has.

Some of you may remember that that was one of my complaints about the Sleep Number bed, you could not meet in the middle. Well thank goodness for Temperpedic, we are spooning in the middle like never before

So there you have it - I am so relieved to be feeling better physically from longer, deeper sleep and no aches and pains in my shoulders, hips or knees that I don't care how much the dang thing cost.

I may have had to give up my vacation next summer by making this purchase, but I'd do it again in a heartbeat

I hope anyone else suffering the way I was will know now that they do have one good solution to try
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2011, 05:50 PM

19,636 posts, read 53,495,108 times
So glad you reported back and have good results!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.

Old 11-15-2011, 07:09 PM

13,258 posts, read 34,623,814 times
Congrats!

Old 11-16-2011, 05:01 AM

1,271 posts, read 4,522,214 times
Glad you like your new bed. I only have the queen and no one to spoon with lol so no spooning issues lol! Did you get the pillows? They are as dreamy as the bed. The salesperson threw them in for free when I was on the fence about spending so much on a bed to convince me lol! They are a tad pricey too (for pillows) but worth it.

Now while I personally will not risk trying it, I could definitely see that commercial with the glass of wine on one side and person jumping on the other where the wine doesnt spill. The motion does not transfer. May be good for folks who sleep with a tosser and turner as well.

Old 11-23-2011, 09:46 AM

12,411 posts, read 15,942,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernBelleInUtah View Post
Go to a store and try the real Tempurpedic. I love mine! To me, it is not soft at all nor do I think it is hot. Most stores will let you try it for 3-4 weeks and return it if you cannot get used to it. I had no problem, loved it from the get-go.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
I have an old latex mattress. It was from Sweden originally. I find it comfortable, and it seemed comparable to the Temperpedic that I tried out in a store.

Mine is not hot in summer, but I have a quilted all cotton pad on top of it.

I notice, at the Temperpedic website, they have an adjustable, hospital styled bedframe that you can purchase with it. I am interested in this. I am wondering if anyone has tried it.

I do remember an article done by Consumers Reports years back concerning mattresses. The complaint was that a mattress felt good in the store but when delivered it was not. The report said that many places that sold mattresses replaced and switched model numbers and even brand names. My impression was that the entire mattress selling world was a shoddy one. The recommendation, as I remember it was not to frequent the places that offer good prices, but to go to a large reputable store, like Macy 's, that perhaps did not have great sales, but actually delivered what you paid for. I think there are so many scams in this area of commerce, which make the reliable quality of companies like Temperpedic appreciated.

Last edited by goldengrain; 11-23-2011 at 10:00 AM..

Old 11-23-2011, 09:56 AM

19,636 posts, read 53,495,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldengrain View Post
I have an old latex mattress. It was from Sweden originally. I find it comfortable, and it seemed comparable to the Temperpedic that I tried out in a store.

Mine is not hot in summer, but I have a quilted all cotton pad on top of it.

I notice, at the Temperpedic website, they have an adjustable, hospital styled bedframe that you can purchase with it. I am interested in this. I am wondering if anyone has tried it.
Yes, I have had an adjustable bed for about 13 yrs. My first one was from a relatively cheap store and quit working after about 6 yrs. It had a Tempurpedic mattress. The second one was bought at Relax the Back (stores all over) and it is still going strong. I change the positions several times per day as I rest on it to watch TV; the contacts wore out on the remote after about 5 yrs and I had it replaced.

I absolutely love the flexible feature! I have a bad back and GERD. Sleeping with my head elevated a little and my feet above my heart cradles my back, sort of like sleeping in a big puffy recliner. It also keeps my GERD inactive and my feet/legs are never swollen. I got the first one b/c of back problems and the matress was just what came with it. Now of course, I love the mattress equally.

Old 11-23-2011, 06:28 PM

42,668 posts, read 71,574,557 times
Sleep on the floor for several nights. On a pad about as thick as four thicknesses of blanket. (Just fold one thick blanket twice, you only need padding under your hips and shoulders.) You will learn how to arrange your body to minimize the pressure points. The cushioning on the floor might actually be more comfortable than a hard mattress. It will take a few nights to get used to it, so don't give up.

I moved to the floor about 18 months ago, and it's like a miracle cure. Best of all, I suddenly stopped getting cramps in my legs and feet. My theory is that the bed covers were pressing down too hard on my feet, because of the gravity of the overhang on the sides of the bed.

What works for me is to lie on my side, pull the upper knee up toward my waist, and partly roll so that knee is sharing the weight with my lower thigh, which takes a lot of weight off my hip.

Old 11-25-2011, 11:53 PM

1,985 posts, read 5,864,823 times
I have been sleeping on Select Comfort air bed for over 22 years I would gladly go buy another one when and if this one gives out. My wife and hate the thoughts of going and sleeping a motel bed, we try to find ones with air beds if they are not too high for a night.
You can't beat the ability to soften or harden the mattress and with dual controls we both get the right amount need for our comfort.

Old 11-26-2011, 12:03 AM

12,411 posts, read 15,942,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernBelleInUtah View Post
Yes, I have had an adjustable bed for about 13 yrs. My first one was from a relatively cheap store and quit working after about 6 yrs. It had a Tempurpedic mattress. The second one was bought at Relax the Back (stores all over) and it is still going strong. I change the positions several times per day as I rest on it to watch TV; the contacts wore out on the remote after about 5 yrs and I had it replaced.

I absolutely love the flexible feature! I have a bad back and GERD. Sleeping with my head elevated a little and my feet above my heart cradles my back, sort of like sleeping in a big puffy recliner. It also keeps my GERD inactive and my feet/legs are never swollen. I got the first one b/c of back problems and the matress was just what came with it. Now of course, I love the mattress equally.
Thanks for the feedback, as my husband has GERD and I like watching tv and reading in bed.

Old 11-28-2011, 09:30 AM

45,270 posts, read 86,069,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
UPDATE - I am now a Temperpedic convert myself!

I want to tell anyone who is going through what I was going through what incredible relief you can find with the right Temperpedic!!

I have been sleeping on my "Temper Cloud Luxe" for 10 days now and I could not be more ecstatic about the way I feel.

They tell you in the store to give it 30 days, but I only needed 2 before I started seeing amazing results.

Simply put - I haven't slept straight through the night like this and woken up without a single ache or pain in years. And I am NOT an older person, though I was sure feeling like a senior citizen prior to this bed purchase.

The great news is, my husband loves his mattress too. He got the firmest Temperpedic, I got the softest.

The really neat thing is, Temperpedic has box springs of different heights, so you can get the thicker softer mattress, put it on a slimmer boxspring,and have your side of the bed be the same height as the slimmer, firmer mattress your partner might prefer on his side of the bed.

Even more awesome, since the foam tops fit so snug next to each other in the middle, you can meet in the middle of the bed without feeling like you are laying in a crack or on a hard cord like a traditional mattress has.

Some of you may remember that that was one of my complaints about the Sleep Number bed, you could not meet in the middle. Well thank goodness for Temperpedic, we are spooning in the middle like never before

So there you have it - I am so relieved to be feeling better physically from longer, deeper sleep and no aches and pains in my shoulders, hips or knees that I don't care how much the dang thing cost.

I may have had to give up my vacation next summer by making this purchase, but I'd do it again in a heartbeat

I hope anyone else suffering the way I was will know now that they do have one good solution to try
To further update...

I am continue to love my new Temperpedic bed!

My husband and I have noticed something amazing since we started sleeping on it about 3 weeks ago....

We are each experiencing very vivid dreams, and tons of them, every night!

Now, my husband has always been one of those people who didn't think he had dreams. I always told him he surely had dreams but just never remembered them when he woke up in the morning.

Well, now we are BOTH waking up and having amazing dreams to share with one another.

We've about decided it must be the new bed.

Our theory is that the bed is allowing us to get SUCH good, deep sleep that we are reaching REM sleep sooner and staying there longer.

I so wish we'd made this purchase years ago!

I tell you, this bed has made me feel fantastic
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness