U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2011, 10:31 AM

2,391 posts, read 3,866,540 times

Advertisements

I was in the emergency room all yesterday afternoon. It all started at 3am when I woke up with stomach pain. They did a scan but couldn't find a thing. My temp is between 99.4-101.7.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2011, 11:02 AM

7,288 posts, read 10,366,635 times
I just had to pipe up and say we are always exposed to germs and "bugs" - it is your immune system which determines if you will "catch" something or not . . ."consensus reality" says that "bugs go around," people "catch" whatever . . . but health is a matter of keeping your emotional/spiritual/physical/mental bodies healthy through "right living" (good diet, stress control, no smoking, no additives, or unhealthy stuff) . . . if you live right, you will not get sick no matter what is "going around" . . .the idea that you WILL get sick is a mindset that can assist in creating sickness . . .

Back to your regularly scheduled health thread . . .

Oh, and hope you feel better. Why did you go to the hospital?

Old 11-06-2011, 11:09 AM

13,258 posts, read 34,613,675 times
Good diet, stress control, no smoking, no additives, no unhealthy stuff doesn't create an iron-clad immune system. The only way to guarantee that you will never catch any virus or bacterial infection, is to live in a germ-free filtered glass bubble with zero exposure to any virii or bacteria. That includes not eating any raw foods, because raw foods have whatever bacteria/virii they were grown in. You'd have to cook everything to kill off everything that is possible to spread.

Fortunately, most people won't get sick, even without iron-clad immune systems and without living in filtered glass bubbles and sterile food. And fortunately, you don't have to live without taking risks, to enjoy good health. If it's "your turn" to get sick, you're gonna get sick. And no amount of healthy living will prevent it OTHER than living in a 100% sterile environment and never leaving it.

Old 11-06-2011, 11:16 AM

I woke up at 3am with severe stomach pains and I literally couldn't get out of bed. It took me like 4 hours to physically get myself together and I drove myself to the Emergency Room. I couldn't drive back tho, since they gave me drugs and I felt I couldn't drive. I still feel awful now.

Old 11-06-2011, 11:16 AM

While your opinion is the popular one. I disagree, completely, AnonChick.

Old 11-06-2011, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by veggienut View Post
I woke up at 3am with severe stomach pains and I literally couldn't get out of bed. It took me like 4 hours to physically get myself together and I drove myself to the Emergency Room. I couldn't drive back tho, since they gave me drugs and I felt I couldn't drive. I still feel awful now.
Did you eat something bad?

Did you think you had appendicitis or something? Why the hospital? What did they say they thought it was?

Old 11-06-2011, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by imcurious View Post
Did you eat something bad?

Did you think you had appendicitis or something? Why the hospital? What did they say they thought it was?

I have no idea what it was. I called the Pharmacy and the Doc on Call, and he told me to go the the Urgent Care Center. I was in too much pain to drive there and was closer to the Emergency Room.

Old 11-06-2011, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by veggienut View Post
I have no idea what it was. I called the Pharmacy and the Doc on Call, and he told me to go the the Urgent Care Center. I was in too much pain to drive there and was closer to the Emergency Room.
Hope you feel better. Rest and hydrate!

P.S. I am no doctor!

Old 11-06-2011, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by imcurious View Post
Hope you feel better. Rest and hydrate!

P.S. I am no doctor!
Thanks, I am feeling a bit better despite the potent drugs I am on. I feel like taking a walk with my dog and hopefully to the hospital ER and pick my car up.

Old 11-06-2011, 12:08 PM

What kind of drugs did they give you?

Maybe rest up and worry about the car later or ask a friend to pick it up for you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness