U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2011, 12:09 AM

1,237 posts, read 1,580,497 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYTom View Post
I'm sure the splash backs would be like cannon balls in the pool!
Splash backing: The redneck bidet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2011, 02:27 AM

15,088 posts, read 16,941,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sith Klato View Post

Discuss your pooping situation, please!!!!
Corn

[or popcorn]

Old 11-12-2011, 02:55 AM

1,595 posts, read 2,277,866 times
[quote=4rummer;21668318]It does speed up the uploading process but when you're in for the long haul, your legs will cramp like **** (pun intended)! Hubby, a recalcitrant squatter, who habitually squats on the toilet seat, now has has to do it seated because of a tear somewhere inside his chocolate alley due to prolonged squatting and pushing. Did you know that squatting makes the birthing process easier and quicker too?!!![/quote]

Yes, and it helps with menstruation to get the flow going and helps with cramps. I have a tough time understanding why women aren't allowed to squat at childbirth and have to squat in laying down postion.

Old 11-12-2011, 11:00 PM

22 posts, read 596,044 times
In some Asian countries they use towels/rags to um, "wipe". You get a hand towel in the restroom by an attendant and toss it into a special bin where it gets taken away to be washed and sanitized later much like a diaper service does. Ok, getting gross now, but my doctor says that a lot of people "wipe down" and when it looks clean, it's really not. He said as an experiment, if you take a damp wash cloth and then wipe "up" you'd be amazed how much more you get off of yourself to the point of it freaking you out. He said it also explains the epidemic of skid marks in men's underwear - they think they've cleaned themselves properly and they don't realize a reverse-wipe gets off a ton more. Ok, I'm grossed now.

As far as squatting... it sounds healthier, but we (Americans) are typically larger and fatter than Asians, too. We'd squat over a hole and not be able to get back up again!

Old 11-12-2011, 11:26 PM

42,668 posts, read 71,590,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerania View Post
Really. Bidets have been available in the states for decades.
No need to buy or install a bidet. Just sit on the edge of the bathtub, turn on the faucet, slosh with your hand and soap, then wash your hands when finished (which you would do anyway, if you used paper).

Alternatively, you can flush the toilet, and use the new clean water in the bowl to slosh yourself. Again, if you wash your hands after, what does it matter what you've touched?

Old 11-13-2011, 12:32 AM

38,803 posts, read 19,577,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ans57 View Post
Where have you been??? Bathroom ensemble that includes a bidet is now gaining popularity in American homes! I have one.
What's a "bidet"?

Old 11-13-2011, 11:04 AM

19,639 posts, read 53,524,973 times
Bidet - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
I first ran into one on a visit to France in 1962. My ex said he used to wash his feet in them as a child (running barefoot).

Old 11-13-2011, 09:00 PM

1,260 posts, read 4,535,827 times
[quote=Lolipopbubbles;21682342]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4rummer View Post
It does speed up the uploading process but when you're in for the long haul, your legs will cramp like **** (pun intended)! Hubby, a recalcitrant squatter, who habitually squats on the toilet seat, now has has to do it seated because of a tear somewhere inside his chocolate alley due to prolonged squatting and pushing. Did you know that squatting makes the birthing process easier and quicker too?!!![/quote]

Yes, and it helps with menstruation to get the flow going and helps with cramps. I have a tough time understanding why women aren't allowed to squat at childbirth and have to squat in laying down postion.
Exactly,that could explain why I got stinkin hemorhoids when I gave birth..

Old 11-14-2011, 07:19 PM

12,671 posts, read 20,499,825 times
Indian style is hold in the toilet but it can hurt your back and knees. Good exercise though. Wash with water with a jug. No toilet paper.

Old 11-15-2011, 02:46 PM

5,500 posts, read 4,416,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerania View Post
Really. Bidets have been available in the states for decades.
Not as a standard fixture just yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernBelleInUtah View Post
Bidet - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
I first ran into one on a visit to France in 1962. My ex said he used to wash his feet in them as a child (running barefoot).
I was introduced to it when I was in Belgium as well...

To the OP: While squatting is healthier when pooping or for women giving birth, Caucasians are normally taller and heavier, thus squatting is almost an impossible feat to accomplish.

Last edited by ans57; 11-15-2011 at 02:55 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness