U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-08-2011, 03:03 PM

13,258 posts, read 34,613,675 times

Advertisements

Himalayan salt is another word for rock salt, mined from the largest salt mine in the world (in Pakastan). It is 98% sodium chloride (NaCl).
Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2011, 03:58 PM

7,754 posts, read 16,452,867 times
The video in this link will expalin the differences between common table salt and Himalayan Crystal Salt.

The 13 Amazing Health Benefits of Himalayan Crystal Salt,
the Purest Salt on Earth and Why You Want to Avoid Conventional Salt

Salt is essential for life -- you cannot live without it. However, most people simply don't realize that there are enormous differences between the standard, refined table and cooking salt most of you are accustomed to using and natural health-promoting salt.

These differences can have a major impact on your staying healthy.
If you want your body to function properly, you need holistic salt complete with all-natural elements. Today's common table salt has nothing in common with natural salt.

Your table salt is actually 97.5% sodium chloride and 2.5% chemicals such as moisture absorbents, and iodine. Dried at over 1,200 degrees Fahrenheit, the excessive heat alters the natural chemical structure of the salt.

Old 11-08-2011, 05:10 PM

A scientific source would be helpful - I won't even click on mercola, let alone take anything quoted from that site as anything serious.

Also, that hyperlink is a link to an advertisement for the product. That's like trusting the beef industry because their website says beef is good for you. Or the HFCS companies because their website says HFCS is harmless. Or trusting ConAgra because the ConAgra company's website says their products are trustworthy.

Old 11-09-2011, 08:58 AM

7,754 posts, read 16,452,867 times
AnonChick wrote:
A scientific source would be helpful - I won't even click on mercola, let alone take anything quoted from that site as anything serious.
If you need a scientific source to put your mind at ease, you'll have to do the leg work yourself. I'm OK with Mercola. If I'm remembering correctly, it was something I read many years ago on his website that influenced me to give up table salt and start using crystal salts instead. The health improvement I've experienced since I switched to crytsal salt is sufficient validation for me. Sorry I couldn't help you.

Old 11-09-2011, 11:01 AM

5,843 posts, read 8,429,491 times
I would NEVER skip my mammography ever. I thought about it once. That was the year they found the cancer and I got it out before it spread.
I also learned I am Vit D deficient. Now take 2000mg every day. It might have been contibuting to the cancer.

Old 11-09-2011, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicWizard View Post
AnonChick wrote:
If you need a scientific source to put your mind at ease, you'll have to do the leg work yourself. I'm OK with Mercola. If I'm remembering correctly, it was something I read many years ago on his website that influenced me to give up table salt and start using crystal salts instead. The health improvement I've experienced since I switched to crytsal salt is sufficient validation for me. Sorry I couldn't help you.
Well if you're willing to believe what you read on Mercola, then you should get a load of the book I read. It took a survey of 2000 people who consume himalayan salt as part of their regular diet. It asked them to post their sodium levels.

Every single one who posted high levels, was able to prove that those high levels was the direct result of using himalayan salt in their regular diet.

Just goes to show...

absolutely nothing. It proves you shouldn't have too much sodium in your diet. Himilayan salt is 98% sodium chloride. The fact that it's 1% less sodium chloride than table salt, is unimportant. The extra 1% of minerals consists of the equivalent of HALF OF A SINGLE GRAIN OF SALT in any given day, assuming that your daily consumption of salt is equal to 200 grains, which is less than half a teaspoon.

Old 11-09-2011, 01:43 PM

19,632 posts, read 53,495,108 times
Enough about Himalayan salt- back to your regularly scheduled programming please. (back to topic)

Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness