Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-08-2011, 12:18 PM

14,784 posts, read 24,086,869 times

Advertisements

Im so tired of this clinic I go to . They wait to return a phone call for three weeks and then they cant understand why you are upset at them . Then it was supposed to be a referal and the referal is for a dr Im already going too .I find this laid back attitude alot here in this small town america city where I live . Not just with my clinic but with the businesses in general , nothing is a priority here . i have always lived in major cities where the pace is faster and things are a priority . I especially think that healthcare would be a priority of the upmost .You talk to the adminstrator of the clinic and he acts as though he is in a fog or a self induced coma he looks all around the room and says un huh ,I have never seen anything like this in my life before .Do any of you all live in a small town and have expierienced anything like this ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2011, 12:49 PM

19,855 posts, read 65,829,411 times
No. When I lived in a town of about 22,000 in Mississippi, the doctors and clinics were very professional.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.

Old 11-09-2011, 04:38 PM

6,957 posts, read 12,061,905 times
Can't you go see another doctor in your town? You mean there is only ONE? I would seek alternate health care someplace else, even if I had to drive a little further to get it.

Old 11-09-2011, 05:29 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,934,013 times
Find a new clinic/doctor; one which you find responsive to your needs.

As to the attempt to slam small towns and state that in big cities things are a priority: paint with a broad brush often?

Generally, in a smaller town, people pick up on additude and don't out of their way for people who may be less then friendly or courteous. If you've flaunted your "the cities are so much better" additude likely many who deal with you hope you will return from whence you came. Believe it or not, big city folk are not God's gift to small towns, no matter how much they may think otherwise.

Old 11-09-2011, 06:12 PM

3,605 posts, read 9,059,576 times
I've had the opposite experience. City Dr's offices being cold and impersonal, small town ones being kind and accommodating.

I would look for another Dr. to be more responsive.

Old 11-09-2011, 07:32 PM

30,527 posts, read 16,222,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Find a new clinic/doctor; one which you find responsive to your needs.

As to the attempt to slam small towns and state that in big cities things are a priority: paint with a broad brush often?

Generally, in a smaller town, people pick up on additude and don't out of their way for people who may be less then friendly or courteous. If you've flaunted your "the cities are so much better" additude likely many who deal with you hope you will return from whence you came. Believe it or not, big city folk are not God's gift to small towns, no matter how much they may think otherwise.
yup!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness