Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2011, 12:20 AM

16,071 posts, read 21,144,062 times

Advertisements

You have to admit the idea that some poop is more acceptable than other poop is a concept many people will find a little difficult to understand.

Old 11-13-2011, 12:27 AM

39,031 posts, read 23,018,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DubbleT View Post
You have to admit the idea that some poop is more acceptable than other poop is a concept many people will find a little difficult to understand.
Yeah ... All poop is germy and smelly ... What makes the family's poop more sanitary than a stranger's poop? Poop is poop and I frankly don't give a poop if someone needs to poop in my toilet as long as they don't leave a poopy mess.

Old 11-13-2011, 12:32 AM

15,982 posts, read 35,212,805 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatteress View Post
Yeah ... All poop is germy and smelly ... What makes the family's poop more sanitary than a stranger's poop? Poop is poop and I frankly don't give a poop if someone needs to poop in my toilet as long as they don't leave a poopy mess.
When did I say anything about poop being different between family and strangers???

Old 11-13-2011, 12:58 AM

3,437 posts, read 6,074,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blkgiraffe View Post
When did I say anything about poop being different between family and strangers???
Did you know your poop is no more a hazard than a strangers would be?

There are little beasties in your colon that would kill you if they got to your blood stream, but are necessary for a properly functioning digestive system.

I could understand if the visitors are leaving #1 or #2 all over the seat or floor, but you are being obsessive.

Old 11-13-2011, 06:42 AM

23,173 posts, read 26,194,030 times
Since you didn't know about it until he told you they can't have been making much of a mess.
Maybe he should just tell you they've promised not to do it anymore.
What you don't know won't hurt you.

Old 11-13-2011, 08:31 AM

16,071 posts, read 21,144,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blkgiraffe View Post
Quote:
Quote:
I learned to overcome that, but sharing a bathroom with a roommate plus many other strangers is too much for me to handle.
Quote:
Because I know them and know if they're clean or not.
Quote:
I don't know these people and stop trying to make it into something it's not. How would you like sharing your toilet with people you know nothing about???
Quote:
Seriously, the difference is I don't know these people and they use the bathroom to poop everytime they come over here.
Quote:
I don't know these people or if they're healthy and there are using my bathroom.
Quote:
Having people use my bathroom that I don't know....yuck. Too many diseases out there to take the risk.
Sort of seems to me that you are more bothered by the fact that it is people you don't know doing their duty. The way you have worded your posts certainly makes it sound as though you would be a lot less offended if the poopers weren't strangers to you, as though somehow the pooping would be more acceptable if you knew theses people. All poop is unclean, and unless you are pretty darn intimate with your friends and family you don't know what their bathroom habits are like either.
Which sort of brings up another point. If the real fear is that these folks don't wash their hands and are spreading fecal matter around, I'm afraid you need to worry about more than just the toilet being nasty. I'd be more afraid of touching door handles than the toilet.

Old 11-13-2011, 03:31 PM

7,284 posts, read 12,925,490 times
You could put a sign over the toilet which says, "Number One, ONLY. Number Twos will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law."

Old 11-13-2011, 04:48 PM

1,738 posts, read 845,679 times
Quote:
Sort of seems to me that you are more bothered by the fact that it is people you don't know doing their duty. The way you have worded your posts certainly makes it sound as though you would be a lot less offended if the poopers weren't strangers to you, as though somehow the pooping would be more acceptable if you knew theses people. All poop is unclean, and unless you are pretty darn intimate with your friends and family you don't know what their bathroom habits are like either.
Which sort of brings up another point. If the real fear is that these folks don't wash their hands and are spreading fecal matter around, I'm afraid you need to worry about more than just the toilet being nasty. I'd be more afraid of touching door handles than the toilet.
OH GREAT!!!! Now you've just killed the OP.

Old 11-13-2011, 04:49 PM

41,956 posts, read 75,183,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Datafeed View Post
I lived with a woman for months and only once did I ever know that she went #2.

perhaps I am in the minority and am prudish.
Ya think???

Old 11-13-2011, 07:10 PM

12,958 posts, read 13,673,944 times
If you are a germiphobe you should be more concerned if they are not washing their hands even if they only do #1. You should also be more concerned about any where people put their hands not their butts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness