U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 11-12-2011, 10:47 AM
 
Location: earth?
7,288 posts, read 10,369,507 times
Reputation: 8956

Advertisements

I still think is is rude for a hoard of men to come into someone's house and "do their business." I think the OP is within his rights not to want his bathroom defiled in that way by a bunch of gross guys . . .

 
Old 11-12-2011, 11:00 AM
 
Location: The Chatterdome in La La Land, CaliFUNia
38,803 posts, read 19,570,928 times
Reputation: 35847
Quote:
Originally Posted by imcurious View Post
I still think is is rude for a hoard of men to come into someone's house and "do their business." I think the OP is within his rights not to want his bathroom defiled in that way by a bunch of gross guys . . .
Then he should not be living in a college dormitory-type setting and sharing a bathroom with other males. This type of individual really needs to get his own place and only hang out with friends away from home since he can't handle other folks using his facilities.

Frankly, if I'm living in a college dormitory with other females, it'll be unrealistic of me to expect them and their friends to not use the restroom. As another poster alluded to, we women can wind up needing to use the restroom for #2 more often during the early days of our periods. What is he gonna do, tell us to stay at home if we have our periods? What about when he gets a girlfriend ... Love to see how long THAT relationship lasts!
 
Old 11-12-2011, 11:03 AM
 
Location: In a house
13,258 posts, read 34,623,814 times
Reputation: 20198
Not to mention, that's kind of why bathrooms exist. If you can't handle feces in your toilet, try living in a log cabin with an outhouse out back. Problem solved.
 
Old 11-12-2011, 11:11 AM
 
Location: Underneath the Pecan Tree
15,989 posts, read 29,790,408 times
Reputation: 7243
People are so extreme. You know I don't mind if someone uses the bathroom if it's every now and than, but if it's like every time they come over here. It's a problem and disgusting. I don't know these people and stop trying to make it into something it's not. How would you like sharing your toilet with people you know nothing about???

Chattress; all of that stuff your talking about is going way over what I'm talking about. Seriously, the difference is I don't know these people and they use the bathroom to poop everytime they come over here. They've been over here like everyday or the past week. They live on campus; walk home and do that.
 
Old 11-12-2011, 11:45 AM
 
Location: The Chatterdome in La La Land, CaliFUNia
38,803 posts, read 19,570,928 times
Reputation: 35847
Quote:
Originally Posted by blkgiraffe View Post
People are so extreme. You know I don't mind if someone uses the bathroom if it's every now and than, but if it's like every time they come over here. It's a problem and disgusting. I don't know these people and stop trying to make it into something it's not. How would you like sharing your toilet with people you know nothing about???

Chattress; all of that stuff your talking about is going way over what I'm talking about. Seriously, the difference is I don't know these people and they use the bathroom to poop everytime they come over here. They've been over here like everyday or the past week. They live on campus; walk home and do that.
Well ... If I were visiting someone and was walking distance from my home, I'd probably try to get back to my pad to do #2 if I could hold it. Now if I lived further out, then holding it would not be realistic.

I still think you are making mountains out of molehills though ... Unless these guys are leaving a mess behind, then I don't understand the issue. If you are worried so much about germs, do you just avoid using all restrooms outside your home? Public restrooms have millions of past users and it's germs galore ... Don't tell me that you hold it in until you get home?
 
Old 11-12-2011, 11:55 AM
 
Location: In a house
13,258 posts, read 34,623,814 times
Reputation: 20198
If these people are coming over *specifically* to use your bathroom, then I agree - it's rude, disgusting, and should not be tolerated.

If they're coming over to visit your roommate, and during the course of their visit they have to take a dump, then the only problem I see in it, is you.
 
Old 11-12-2011, 12:09 PM
 
Location: in your dreams
10,892 posts, read 13,013,869 times
Reputation: 15317
So here's what you do:

Before your roommate comes home with friends, secure a layer of saran wrap over the toilet bowl (under the seat).

You'll probably have to clean up the mess later, and possibly get knocked out, but won't that just be hilarious?
 
Old 11-12-2011, 12:13 PM
 
Location: Santa Cruz, CA
2,190 posts, read 5,728,833 times
Reputation: 2035
I don't like sharing a bathroom with anyone that i don't know really, really well.
For me, it's less about hygiene (that's easy to address ... just wipe the toilet seat and sink down with a Clorox wipe or something like that) and more about privacy and feeling comfortable in my own bathroom when it's my turn to empty.
The only room-mate situation that i can tolerate is one in which i have my own bathroom.
But, to address your question ... yes, it's absolutely unreasonable and hyper-controlling (kinda goes with the territory of being a germaphobe btw) to dictate whether or not a guest can go poo-poo in your bathroom.
 
Old 11-12-2011, 12:24 PM
 
Location: The Chatterdome in La La Land, CaliFUNia
38,803 posts, read 19,570,928 times
Reputation: 35847
A word of advice: Next time you do the roommate thing, try to get accommodations where each of you have your own bathroom then make sure that YOUR guests do not use your roommates bathroom. You deal with your own friend's "poop" should they have to go ...
 
Old 11-12-2011, 12:39 PM
 
Location: Underneath the Pecan Tree
15,989 posts, read 29,790,408 times
Reputation: 7243
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaijai View Post
I don't like sharing a bathroom with anyone that i don't know really, really well.
For me, it's less about hygiene (that's easy to address ... just wipe the toilet seat and sink down with a Clorox wipe or something like that) and more about privacy and feeling comfortable in my own bathroom when it's my turn to empty.
The only room-mate situation that i can tolerate is one in which i have my own bathroom.
But, to address your question ... yes, it's absolutely unreasonable and hyper-controlling (kinda goes with the territory of being a germaphobe btw) to dictate whether or not a guest can go poo-poo in your bathroom.
I pretty much knew I was going overboard when I did it, but it's just too disgusting to me. I don't know these people or if they're healthy and there are using my bathroom. Sure I could clean the toilet with bleach, but still the thought lingers. mind you were talking like 5 to sometimes 10 people here at a time using the bathroom. I just don't like it at all and normally I've never had to deal with this because normally people don't do the number 2 in other people's bathrooms unless it was an emergency. For them; they treat it like a public restroom. Just use it whenever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatteress View Post
A word of advice: Next time you do the roommate thing, try to get accommodations where each of you have your own bathroom then make sure that YOUR guests do not use your roommates bathroom. You deal with your own friend's "poop" should they have to go ...
There won't be a next time! lol

I've been saving up and after this semester; I'm getting my own place. I wasn't trying to move off campus so soon and struggle; now I have enough money to live off campus comfortably.

When I first started college; I had to share a restroom but my roommate than didn't have much visitors and when he did; they didn't use the restroom. for the next 2 years; I had my own restroom. This year; I'm sharing a restroom again temporarily. my roommate brings people over and they tend to stay long hours. Also I'm a little biased because I wouldn't mind people that I know; such as friends and family using my bathroom, but the truth is me and my friends think alike. We don't use each others restroom for those reasons. I'd rather share a bedroom than restrooms; too many diseases out there to be dealing with stuff like this.

Last edited by blkgiraffe; 11-12-2011 at 12:47 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top