U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2011, 04:40 PM

12,120 posts, read 27,530,749 times

Advertisements

there are several office grapevines, the one i listen to is the "good" one who are people i've known for years and trust. they didn't say she outright lied, they are not sure themselves. she is prone to laziness she has always been like this and if she did lie it would not surprise them

i have been on this job for 21 years, back when this woman was in her early 40's she was always doing these things at the last minute and trying to get me to work for her or give her rides to functions that i myself didn't belong going to. tho i get along well with her now she didn't treat me so kindly in the beginning and i had a lot of problems working with her until the director straightened her out. it's in her character, it's not due to her age, she's always been like this
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2011, 07:32 AM

530 posts, read 959,101 times
All of my kids have had strep throat, and the standard rule is that a person should be on antibiotics for 24 hours before returning to work or school. However, strep affects everyone differently. My youngest child had no sore throat but was vomiting and felt awful. My oldest gets the standard sore throat. My middle child though just had a rash. I ignored it at first until it kept spreading. I was shocked when they told me she had strep "throat" since she didn't appear ill at all. So you never know with strep. It can hit you pretty hard or not be that big of a deal.

Old 10-16-2014, 09:34 PM

1 posts, read 2,132 times
I agree! Just work your shift... You got paid right? Keep it at that! Who cares if she was really sick or not!? It's not your flipping business!

Old 10-17-2014, 01:57 PM

29,580 posts, read 31,907,081 times
I've had strep a couple times in my adult life, and usually within 48 hours of starting antibiotics I feel better. I wasn't working at the time I had it but I was still going about my business, just feeling crappy while doing it. I usually know immediately when that sort of infection sets in so I jump on it. I never had the "throat so sore I couldn't swallow" but I had a pain in that place between the ear/nose/throat and that's only happened with strep. Everyone is different.

Story: my daughter, myself and my husband went through a phase where we kept getting re infected despite being treated with antibiotics. When my daughter was diagnosed for the 3rd time in 3 months the pediatrician decided to treat us all at once, including my younger son who had never gotten sick. He believed he may have been a carrier who exhibited no symptoms.

Old 07-19-2015, 01:55 PM

7 posts, read 4,191 times
Ok I was diagnosed with strep throat yesterday started getting
The symptoms Friday I can't drink or barely talk or move my throat where my adenoids are is swollen really bad and my face feels swollen they gave me the penicillin shot do I need to go back for a antibiotic

Old 07-19-2015, 01:57 PM

42,203 posts, read 49,753,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim in FL View Post
after 24 hrs of being on an antibiotic, you're safe to return to work and school. You may not feel up to snuff, but you're ok to return to work.
Where do people get this idea?

Old 10-31-2015, 03:05 PM

1 posts, read 1,527 times
Strep throat usually takes at least 24 hours to get over while on antibiotics. After the 24 hour healing period your body will tell you if you are ready or not to resume normal activities. If you are on antibiotics for at least 24 hours it is safe to resume your normal activities and you are no longer contagious.

Old 10-31-2015, 03:13 PM

6,319 posts, read 5,364,709 times
Ahh strep throat...

I had multiple rounds over my life.

One thing I have learnt is, you need a script of antibiotics.

Otherwise, it'll linger and worsen for weeks. Even if the blisters do go, you will likely suffer a recurrence within weeks.

My own father nearly died of it, while I was being born he was in hospital recovering. It started as strep and turned into quinsy because he refused to go to the doctor.

So yeah. Antibiotics. I've never heard of one shot of penicillin and that's it, I've always had a full script I've had to take for a whole week 3x a day.

Old 05-19-2016, 09:15 AM

1 posts, read 1,198 times
How long dose it take for the white stuff in back of your throat to go away as soon I've been taking meds for two fays now and its still there

Old 05-19-2016, 08:22 PM

8,305 posts, read 8,580,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Where do people get this idea?
Perhaps from here? The Mayo Clinic website.

Treatment - Strep throat - Mayo Clinic
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness