U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 11-16-2011, 05:27 PM

21,626 posts, read 30,599,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2KidsforMe View Post
Ok, this is a little embarrassing, but I have found that using 40% zinc oxide diaper rash cream (yep, diaper rash cream ) helps so much with my acne rosacea (I only have it on my chin). I put it on at night before bed, and when I wake up the sores are so much smaller and less red. If is skip a night I sure notice.
Wow. That's an excellent tip.

Have they ever gone away? Do you use the creams from dermatologists? The doxycycline?
Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2011, 05:32 PM

648 posts, read 1,841,376 times
All I can say is that I have tried everything under the sun to sort my skin out. I had these little acne sores that were red, burn-y, and would not go away. Until I tried the diaper rash cream! I had some left over from my kids and thought, why not. My rosacea looked a little like a diaper rash LOL. I also use cetaphil and witch hazel and ditched the expensive toners and cleansers! To moisturize, I found that Clinique's redness solution cream works best.

Old 11-16-2011, 06:18 PM

43,978 posts, read 53,863,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2KidsforMe View Post
All I can say is that I have tried everything under the sun to sort my skin out. I had these little acne sores that were red, burn-y, and would not go away. Until I tried the diaper rash cream! I had some left over from my kids and thought, why not. My rosacea looked a little like a diaper rash LOL. I also use cetaphil and witch hazel and ditched the expensive toners and cleansers! To moisturize, I found that Clinique's redness solution cream works best.
That's awesome! Great post

Old 11-16-2011, 07:54 PM

16,136 posts, read 29,204,015 times
There is a good paste called Boudreaux's Butt Paste. It is gentle and sticks in place. Both Wat-Mart and my grocery carry it.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.

Old 11-17-2011, 09:31 AM

1,163 posts, read 2,893,008 times
Well.....heres some hope for ladies out there that are in there 40s-50s with
Rosacea. Mine pretty much disappeared once I went through menopause!
Seriously,I have hardly any problems with it now. I think its hormonal for some.

Greenchili

Old 11-17-2011, 12:51 PM

21,626 posts, read 30,599,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenchili View Post
Well.....heres some hope for ladies out there that are in there 40s-50s with
Rosacea. Mine pretty much disappeared once I went through menopause!
Seriously,I have hardly any problems with it now. I think its hormonal for some.

Greenchili
I just turned 50. That would be wonderful!

By the way I went to this dermatologist a few weeks ago. He said he could laser my spider veins but that it would cause a bruise. Yeah? So?

He said he would give me a prescription for cream for my face and it turned out to be three. No idea what to do. I just throw them on.

I have two of those little bumps due to the rosacea. He asked, "Do you have a magnifying mirror?"

"Yes," I said.

"Get rid of it" was his answer to the rosacea pustules.

Great doc.

In retrospect I think he probably isn't very good with the laser and was discouraging me from getting the procedure. I tell you, it's really fun to not have health insurance and waste money on some of these doctors.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness