U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-19-2011, 01:07 PM

4,286 posts, read 13,139,424 times

Advertisements

Six yrs ago I contracted Lyme disease and still have it, Anyone that has or knows someone with chronic Lyme knows the nightmare it is. The story is too long and detailed so I'll just say that for six yrs I've been treated horrible by Dr's. This is not strange for people with Lyme and so much time and money is wasted on dr's that are either ignorant, don't care, lazy, arrogant or all of the above. I've seen them all. The good news is now I am seeing someone that cares, treats only patients with Lyme and HIV and is very compassionate.

It bothers me that the Dr's that were terrible and hospitals I've been to because of Lyme don't know what they did to me. Would they care? I don't know but I want to write each of them a letter. I want to explain how they wasted my time and money. I want them to know the hell they put me through and a lot of it could have been avoided if they took the time to care. I'm not looking to start trouble or sue anyone and want to put it behind me and look forward. At the same time, I thought maybe if any of them would learn something by a letter then maybe it would help another person who comes to them with the same issues.

So, my question is; do you think it would be a waste of time to write these letters? I don't need them to contact me or acknowlege me, I just hope at least one or more will say to themselves "maybe I don't know it all and next time I will care more."

Worse case, I will get it off my chest I guess but whats your opinion. If you are a Dr I would really love to hear what you have to say. Thx!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2011, 05:43 PM

2,178 posts, read 8,244,114 times
I have a friend that has been through the same thing with the doctors in seeking treatment for her Lyme disease. Her view on it was that a lot of the doctors do not believe that Lyme disease is real. There are just a lot of them that don't want to admit it is a real disease because they don't know how to treat it..

I would write them and let them see it from your point of view. It may help the next person they see with it...

That is what those of us who were damaged by statin drugs did. We kept telling the doctors that did not want to hear it and we told our story to anyone and everyone who would listen. Attitudes have changed towards statin drugs now because of our stories being told.. Sooner or later, a doctor has to stop and think "WAIT! I have heard this before!!!" and they rethink things because of it..

Old 11-20-2011, 08:55 PM

4,286 posts, read 13,139,424 times
Thank you for posting. I was starting to wonder why no one was sharing their opinion? I appreciate your input...I just don't want to waste anymore time but if I think it would help, I'm willing to do it.

Lyme is an epidemic and a horrible thing to live with if you are not treated quickly and properly. I learned so much about it over the last six years I've had it and I'm on my 4th aggresive treatment. Most people think it's no big deal or treated quickly with an antibiotic but if they do a little research they will find there are thousands of people really suffering. In fact if anyone is reading this and has unexplained symptoms like; severe pain, migrains, extreme fatigue, memory loss, dizziness, confusion, nerve problems - can't open hands or lift arms, then I would say it can't hurt to get tested but please get tested by a dr that knows a lot about Lyme. If you go to an infectious disease or your primary, forget it. They will tell you it's Fibromyalgia, Chronic Fatigue, Bipolar and a million other things meanwhile you just get worse and worse and it can ruin your life. Better safe than sorry!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or