U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-05-2011, 04:30 PM

18,717 posts, read 4,702,479 times

Advertisements

Every year my husband and I come down with some stomach thing,
not really the flu (we do get flu shots), but some nasty vomiting/diahrrea
bug, that hits us fast and hard. This season I hope I'm better equipped to
deal with it. Anti nausea med, diahrrhea med (prescription), pedialite, popsicles,
cold and fever medicine, jello, etc. It's awful to try to get the meds you need while you are sick.
With no family in the area we have to ask a neighbor to help. Of course I hope we will be okay,
this usually happens in January or February, but at least I'm trying to make sure we have what we need.
Do you stock up on any items you feel you might need if you become ill?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2011, 05:36 PM

19,631 posts, read 53,468,042 times
I always have some cans of soup, a bottle of Airborne, and not less than a half tank of gas in the car (don't want to be out in the cold, feeling bad and pumping gas on the way to the docs).

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.

Old 12-06-2011, 03:42 PM

13,104 posts, read 17,634,355 times
Im saying airborne , some cans of soup , and some popsicles and ice cubes and some fruit juices as well .Also if you need it asprin the regular kind .gas in the car in case of an er trip . Good luck and there is nothing more miserable than a cold .

Old 12-06-2011, 08:03 PM

1,141 posts, read 1,326,141 times
As I type this I have one of the worst colds of my life. Lots of tea, oj, and cough syrup. I've got to get a rx for something stronger b/c the otc isn't working at all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness