U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2011, 03:48 PM

1,727 posts, read 2,092,030 times

Advertisements

It could be the meds. Or it could be another symptom of whatever it is you are taking the meds for.
Stool softener is a good suggestion. Keep eating the prunes. Maybe try prune juice. You can add beans and more fiber to your diet. I don't know if there is such a thing as too much fiber. You'd have to check on that, but I don't think there is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2011, 04:08 PM

1,068 posts, read 1,457,109 times
this thread is disgusting

Old 12-06-2011, 04:29 PM

5,876 posts, read 11,760,706 times
Prune Juice and orange juice, half and half, mixed together and warmed up, drink it right down.

I usually do 3/4 cup of each for a total 1 1/2 cups of liquid. Don't make it too hot to chug. Warm, but not hot.

Every single night.

It's a miracle cure!

Old 12-06-2011, 04:32 PM

12,480 posts, read 14,377,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreasuredJewel View Post
this thread is disgusting
it is a part of life.....not just a load of crap
Quote:
Originally Posted by catsmom21 View Post
Prune Juice and orange juice, half and half, mixed together and warmed up, drink it right down.

I usually do 3/4 cup of each for a total 1 1/2 cups of liquid. Don't make it too hot to chug. Warm, but not hot.

Every single night.

It's a miracle cure!

I can't get prune juice down....gag reflex+ taste= throw up

Old 12-06-2011, 06:08 PM

7,032 posts, read 8,382,074 times
You are turning into a rabbit by the sounds of your droppings.

Sometimes I get strange occurrences whereby I feel a lot passed out (into the toilet) and there is nothing in there when I have a look, at all. Literally invisible. Yet other times, it feels like hardly anything passed out and there's a big pile of it in the bowl.

Old 12-06-2011, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PippySkiddles View Post

I can't get prune juice down....gag reflex+ taste= throw up
I thought the same thing. Until I tried it.

It's totally different when it's mixed with the orange juice, and warmed up. It goes down really easy. You can make it a little more OJ than prune, if you want. 3/4 cup OJ and 1/2 cup prune juice, makes it even more palatable.

I was constipated my whole life, didn't matter how much fiber or fruits and veggies I ate, until a friend told me about this 6 years ago. Incredible.

A couple years ago I started on a medication, one of the side effects was, of course constipation. And I did have a slight problem for a few weeks, but eventually the PJ and OJ started working again.

Old 12-06-2011, 08:19 PM

8,874 posts, read 12,928,374 times
I agree that lots of medications cause constipation. Pain meds and anti-depressants for sure. If you are warned to watch out for "dry mouth" as a side effect, dry other things often follow.

Old 12-06-2011, 09:06 PM

2,376 posts, read 2,024,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaijai View Post
That's so not true.
I eat a lot of fiber (always have) and i also take a fiber supplement (the one i recommended on this thread) and .... well, i don't feel like going into details about my poop but it's just not true.
I guess you missed the " usually " part.

Old 12-06-2011, 10:00 PM

6,203 posts, read 15,020,804 times
Have you tried MiraLax or the generic equivalent? I've had lifelong constipation issues, but this has helped. I don't like some of the side effects (bad gas), but at least I'm going more often. If you try it, it takes three or four days to see any results.

By the way, there is no way I could drink prune juice! I remember being made to drink it as a child, and it was vile. Yuck.

Old 12-07-2011, 05:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyCo View Post
Have you tried MiraLax or the generic equivalent? I've had lifelong constipation issues, but this has helped. I don't like some of the side effects (bad gas), but at least I'm going more often. If you try it, it takes three or four days to see any results.

By the way, there is no way I could drink prune juice! I remember being made to drink it as a child, and it was vile. Yuck.
As I said, mixed with the orange juice and warmed up, it is not the same as drinking straight prune juice. Not at all.

And there are no gassy side affects.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness