U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2011, 09:03 AM

13,491 posts, read 29,434,352 times

Advertisements

The psyllium pills don't work as well as the powder for me, and plus you'd have to take 12 (if not more) of them to equal a tablespoon of powder. I use the orange flavored Equate brand from Wal-Mart, and I use a full tablespoon in a big glass of water every night before bed. It works for me.

Oatmeal helps too, especially if I put some raisins in it. Slippery Elm bark can also help, it gels up and lubricates intestinal tract.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2011, 09:48 AM

699 posts, read 1,796,153 times
i wanted to second that poop that floats are full of undigested fats. that's why they float.

Old 12-26-2011, 11:17 AM

29 posts, read 94,647 times
Default One Word - Miralax

It's worked wonders for me!

Old 12-26-2011, 04:53 PM

19,022 posts, read 24,678,000 times
First question, are you eating fibre-rich food??

Load up on them and the situation will improve. Case closed.

Old 12-26-2011, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreasuredJewel View Post
this thread is disgusting
Why? Do you drop gold nuggets

Old 12-26-2011, 10:48 PM

5,945 posts, read 12,719,242 times
I don't take any vitamins anymore. I used to... but over the years I figured out that simply eating differently was better than taking vitamins. Did you know 1 cup of raspberries has I think around 8 grams of fiber... a cup of lentils has 15 grams of fiber!! Woah. Cooked artichokes and cooked peas also have a lot of fiber. And these foods are true foods... vitamins and supplements have all kinds of fillers and starches and preservatives and weird things in them. We don't need that extra stuff. I take Blackstrap Molasses for my iron, because I get a bit anemic around my period. It's great stuff... and no weird fillers...

Old 12-27-2011, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by haggardhouseelf View Post
I don't take any vitamins anymore. I used to... but over the years I figured out that simply eating differently was better than taking vitamins. Did you know 1 cup of raspberries has I think around 8 grams of fiber... a cup of lentils has 15 grams of fiber!! Woah. Cooked artichokes and cooked peas also have a lot of fiber. And these foods are true foods... vitamins and supplements have all kinds of fillers and starches and preservatives and weird things in them. We don't need that extra stuff. I take Blackstrap Molasses for my iron, because I get a bit anemic around my period. It's great stuff... and no weird fillers...
Everyone needs fibre rich foods. Then lots of water. Physical activity. That pretty much nails bowel issues to the coffin.

People often load up on toxic food like pizzas, french fries, garlic bread, sausages, meatloaf, excessive red meat, chips and tortillas - all of this jams the digestive system. And this set of food happens to be the most of what is consumed by a majority in America. Belligerent bowels are aplenty.

Even in the office, when I go pee, there's always three to four guys grunting inside the dump rooms. They act like giving birth
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness