U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2011, 08:19 AM

18,434 posts, read 28,545,142 times

Advertisements

I ate a little bit of raw cookie dough yesterday. I was making homemade chocolate chip cookies. My bf came home and ate a big spoonful of it.

I know when I went to eat some of it the first thing I thought of was the raw eggs, and then thought to heck with it.

You know one thing I wonder about is the people who eat the raw eggs, or drink them, rather. I always thought it rather disgusting, but the cookie dough is so good. LOL

Old 12-14-2011, 08:20 AM

1,708 posts, read 5,267,789 times
AH. Modern day America. Somebody gets sick in Cleveland and we have to inform the world to never do this again. Ridiculous.

Old 12-14-2011, 08:26 AM

22,534 posts, read 46,102,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogmama50 View Post
The warning from the CDC was based on raw flour in raw cookie dough, not the eggs, it caused an e.Coli outbreak in 2009.
Oh, so there was never another E. coli outbreak? Folks have never been sick from raw eggs? The truth is they think it might have been from raw flour. They are not sure. But raw eggs can be just as deadly and if eaten you can be especially vulnerable to salmonella.

Old 12-14-2011, 08:31 AM

15,616 posts, read 9,167,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogmama50 View Post
The warning from the CDC was based on raw flour in raw cookie dough, not the eggs, it caused an e.Coli outbreak in 2009.
Thank you lol! I tried to point that out earlier but someone wrote 'raw eggs' and everyone assumes that's the problem without even reading the article in the link. Yes, raw eggs could be a problem but that was not the original point of this thread or the article.

Old 12-14-2011, 08:52 AM

22,534 posts, read 46,102,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toosie View Post
Thank you lol! I tried to point that out earlier but someone wrote 'raw eggs' and everyone assumes that's the problem without even reading the article in the link. Yes, raw eggs could be a problem but that was not the original point of this thread or the article.
The point of the thread was a warning not to eat raw cookie dough. That can easily come from raw flour but eggs can be a culprit, too. Either way, you can have a "nibble." Not I.

I am amazed about this statement, though.

Quote:
AH. Modern day America. Somebody gets sick in Cleveland and we have to inform the world to never do this again. Ridiculous.
E. coli, salmonella, mad cow - usually renamed Jakob Creutzfeldt to appease the beef industry - and so much more make people sick in increasing numbers every day. It is far more than somebody got sick in Cleveland. I'm not obsessed about this stuff either, but that's a far cry from thinking this is not a problem. It is. In fact, that incident is back in the news.

Bu hey, it's a free country. Have at it.

Old 12-14-2011, 10:22 AM

45,270 posts, read 86,103,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiknapster View Post
The point of the thread was a warning not to eat raw cookie dough. That can easily come from raw flour but eggs can be a culprit, too. Either way, you can have a "nibble." Not I.

I am amazed about this statement, though.

E. coli, salmonella, mad cow - usually renamed Jakob Creutzfeldt to appease the beef industry - and so much more make people sick in increasing numbers every day. It is far more than somebody got sick in Cleveland. I'm not obsessed about this stuff either, but that's a far cry from thinking this is not a problem. It is. In fact, that incident is back in the news.

Bu hey, it's a free country. Have at it.

Thanks - nice to see a few people like you here got the point of the thread

Old 12-14-2011, 11:53 AM

2,971 posts, read 6,617,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiknapster View Post
Oh, so there was never another E. coli outbreak? Folks have never been sick from raw eggs? The truth is they think it might have been from raw flour. They are not sure. But raw eggs can be just as deadly and if eaten you can be especially vulnerable to salmonella.
I just re-stated what the CDC stated, their facts not mine. I have not stated my opinion because it applies only to me.

Old 12-14-2011, 12:07 PM

2,282 posts, read 3,126,427 times
How do they make the cookie dough in ice cream safe to eat?

Old 12-14-2011, 12:21 PM

31,223 posts, read 57,353,566 times
Think about it: Packaged cookie dough, where the flour is believed to be the ingredient contaminated with E coli.

Where does E coli come from? How did it get into the flour, or into the batter mix?

How does E coli get into anything? Think about it ...

Probably just a fluke thing by a careless employee, and nothing to get your shorts in a twist about.

Old 12-14-2011, 01:22 PM

45,270 posts, read 86,103,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
Think about it: Packaged cookie dough, where the flour is believed to be the ingredient contaminated with E coli.

Where does E coli come from? How did it get into the flour, or into the batter mix?

How does E coli get into anything? Think about it ...

Probably just a fluke thing by a careless employee, and nothing to get your shorts in a twist about.
Your insinuation that the E coli is coming from people is inaccurate.

This is no fluke or employee who simply forgot to wash their hands after going to the restroom.

When we've had outbreaks in our nation they are generally traced back to the farm animals on/near the places our grains and fruits and veggies are grown.

Kathy Freston: E. Coli, Salmonella and Other Deadly Bacteria and Pathogens in Food: Factory Farms Are the Reason
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness